Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coming to the end of my build am i need advice on where i should place my probe. I'm think dead center coming down from the lid of the freezer... I have a power centrifugal fan that will move the air fairly well. It will house 4 kegs an is about 10 Cubic Feet with the colar.

i'm not fermenting (lagering) in it just chilling my kegs and some bottles.

Here are the pics.. i will post some more when its all done.
https://picasaweb.google.com/antonio.castano/MyKegerator?feat=directlink

I just have mine coming in and sitting to the most top left of the keg above the compressor. Seems to keep it pretty dead-on with temps and is out of the way of keg placement.

Just got my baby all installed. Thanks to the wife for helping me get it's new home so nicely decorated.

This is a Kenmore 8.8, holds 6 ball locks real easy. I did the factory double hinge for the lid and collar, so I can lift just the lid or the entire lid and collar for easy access. I installed a 12v fan for better circulation and 1" r5 insulation on the collar. Triple body Taprite secondary regulator and 4 way distributor w/ a Taprite primary on the tank. I will get some more pics of the inside this week after I get a few gas fittings that are on the way, I'll post up a few pics in the DIY board. Thanks to electrichead for the inspiration and ideas!

P1000533.JPG

P1000535.JPG

P1000543.JPG

P1000545.JPG

What is the black stuff on the top and bottom of your collar?

What is the black stuff on the top and bottom of your collar?

Top of the collar is just the original seal that came on the lid, goes up with the lid when opened. On the bottom I used some black rubber seal that I found at Lowes, it's mounted to the underside of the oak collar w/ mitered corners and goes up with the collar when it's opened.

P1000532.JPG

P1000531.JPG

We kegged our first brown ale and will soon add shelves to allow cold crashing and hopefully 3 kegs at the same time with our co2 tank on the outside.

DSCN0271.JPG

DSCN0273.JPG

DSCN0272.JPG

Top of the collar is just the original seal that came on the lid, goes up with the lid when opened. On the bottom I used some black rubber seal that I found at Lowes, it's mounted to the underside of the oak collar w/ mitered corners and goes up with the collar when it's opened.

P1000532.JPG

P1000531.JPG

Thanks, think I need to add that to the bottom of mine.

I just have mine coming in and sitting to the most top left of the keg above the compressor. Seems to keep it pretty dead-on with temps and is out of the way of keg placement.

okay.. so if i stick it in the corner of the lid poping out of the lid "plastic liner" (so it will be at the back left side at the very top.. then I should be okay?..

I think someone asked if I built it myself.. (My wife wishes i hadnt... Took over my basement building this thing.. :eek:)
I stained and polished this all myself.. that took the longest.. about two days to finish.. 2 coats of stain and 3 coasts of urathane. It should withstand a few dribbles of beer.:mug:

Where did you get that blower fan? I am trying to figure out what fan to use and that looks perfect.

Where did you get that blower fan? I am trying to figure out what fan to use and that looks perfect.

You can find it on ebay... its a 12v fan its kind of loud but you can run it at 9v.. It works well the gentle breeze inside the fridge make my faucets COLD.

Check ebay..
http://cgi.ebay.com/Nidec-Gamma-30-..._EN_Networking_Components&hash=item2a0f673285

I got mine from a Server Engineer at my Job, i'm in IT so it wasnt hard.. The one got is actually 250 bucks new to replace from factory..and about 30 bucks on ebay...(about) the one i found just now on ebay is about 1 buck...

doublesimcoe said:
Thanks to my lovely wife she let me upgrade my dual tap to add 4 taps for homebrew in a 9 cubic foot chest freezer off of craigslist which was 2 yrs old for $100. a friend gave me a 20 lb CO2 tank for free and I already had the extra regulator, so I bought a mainfold and temp controller.. pretty cheap all together.
so now I have 6 taps and the wife is happy. Taps are handmade from surgical equipment as I work in the Operating Room..

What are those, Stryker hips? Awesome!

This weekend I converted this freezer into a refrigerator by installing an external thermometer. I had to modify my workbench to fit it. Now I need to drill hole and add tubing, faucet, handles ect.

I'm wondering if there is any way to drill a hole for the CO2. I'm afraid to drill through the side or back.

Overall, I think my mancave is coming right along. Got the TV out there while brewing/drinking. Tonight I'm brewing a Honey Lager...back by popular demand.

image-762403296.jpg

image-3351497461.jpg

image-3700751575.jpg

image-4055299539.jpg

image-856885738.jpg

This weekend I converted this freezer into a refrigerator by installing an external thermometer. I had to modify my workbench to fit it. Now I need to drill hole and add tubing, faucet, handles ect.

I'm wondering if there is any way to drill a hole for the CO2. I'm afraid to drill through the side or back.

Overall, I think my mancave is coming right along. Got the TV out there while brewing/drinking. Tonight I'm brewing a Honey Lager...back by popular demand.

You even have "Drinking Made Easy" on the tele. :rockin:

Two years in the making, but here it is. This is a 5.5 cubic foot chest freezer. I built the surround out of 2x4s and 1/4" plywood. The top is 3/4" plywood.

image-1589942211.jpg

image-3548779464.jpg

image-3655337516.jpg

image-2184842579.jpg

Gorgeous man. Do you have woodworking experience?

Sounds like he's been woodworking for at least 2 years now.

Really nice looking work. It's amazing how nice a 2x4 can look when stained. The legs on my glass racks are from 2x10 stock and they came out pretty nice also.

-TH- said:
I drilled mine through the bottom near the side, then I ran the tubing out from underneath.

That looks great! Thank you for the picture. Can you give me more details on what you did? That's exactly what I think I'm going to do. Also, where did you get the external temp display?

jeciv said:
That looks great! Thank you for the picture. Can you give me more details on what you did? That's exactly what I think I'm going to do. Also, where did you get the external temp display?

Cool, thx.

I'm finishing my rustic knotty pine and cedar log keezer tomorrow and will finally be able to add some pics to the infamous "show us your kegerator" thread. It' a 3 tap, 4 keg coffin keezer that has taken me a couple of months to build. I'll be posting pictures this weekend with the final product. I have my first 3 kegged batches inside carbing and they should be ready this weekend! :rockin: I just wanted to thank everyone that has shared their knowledge and expertise on keezer building with me, and to everyone that has posted their builds on this thread. I have a thread that chronicles my build from start to finish, but I warn you, it has gotten pretty long a drawn out. Anyways....great job to everyone that has posted on this thread. Can't wait to be a part of it! :mug: Pics this weekend.

Getting great ideas for painting my kegerator from this thread. Mine is starting to show some rust speckles and may get painted soon.
Here it is:
Kegerator.jpg

Kegerator_inside.jpg

This is a tower i bought about ten years ago that I intend to build a bar/kegerator around. Just haven't had the space for it yet.:mad: I dug it out of storage after seeing this thread. May have to put this into service.
TapTower.jpg

Two years in the making, but here it is. This is a 5.5 cubic foot chest freezer. I built the surround out of 2x4s and 1/4" plywood. The top is 3/4" plywood.

TBL, any chance of you putting up a thread with some pics and details?

Back