i think i didnt put enough sugar in my mix

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't usually use ANY sugar in my beer so if you added some it's already too much in my book. But if you feel that you want a thinner bodied, drier tasting beer when it's finished you could add sugar if you want. You could boil it up in some water, and cool it, and then add it. I'd be more inclined to leave it alone- but again, I'm not a fan of sugar in my beer to begin with.

What was the recipe? some recipes with sugar aren't too bad, and many IPA and Belgian trippels have some simple sugars in them.

its my first batch
im doing a coopers real ale beer right now
and it says to use 1 kg of sugar i used dextrose of course
but i think i only added .5 kg of it

You should be able to add all the sugar. Just wait an extra day or two for fermentation to complete.

its my first batch
im doing a coopers real ale beer right now
and it says to use 1 kg of sugar i used dextrose of course
but i think i only added .5 kg of it

I think you're better off with less sugar. Those "kit and a kilo" beers dont' make a great product, mostly because of the high ratio of corn sugar. You'll have a bit less alcohol, but a better tasting beer with better body and mouthfeel. I'd leave it.

Latest posts

Back