Sankey Keg Top with Picture

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3PegBrew

Reaction score
I totally did a multi post because I figured it fit in both thread areas and would increase my hit numbers for an answer.

IMG_20100921_200254.jpg

I've seen videos, especially by Yuri.

Nobody's keg looks like mine. I'm starting to think my friend got the ultra hardcore keg that nobody can tamper with.

Is there a way to get this puppy open or should I skip it and cut my hole to make it a 15g boil pot?

That's what mine looked like. I have a Dos Equis keg, and you first have to get that C clip thingy out, then twist the post to remove.

Do you know what I mean?

That's what mine looked like. I have a Dos Equis keg, and you first have to get that C clip thingy out, then twist the post to remove.

Do you know what I mean?

Kinda like a virgin getting his first girl off??? J/K what you want to do is twist the to nubs counter clockwise till you cant twist anymore then pull out after pulling out you incounter the c clip thingy then the fun starts with some neddle nose pliars. after which you complete the pull out by removing the long dip tube.

C-clip (its more like a ring) removal is a PITA. I had to use a flat head screw driver and a hammer.

Back