Anyone else love The Brewing Network?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stevorino

Reaction score
I love listening to the brewing network-- between my morning runs and commuting to work, I probably listen to over an hour of the Brewing Network each day.

Anyone else here listen religiously?

I've been listening a bunch of Jamil Show podcasts the last couple weeks. Have learned a lot.

Jamil is amazing, he really is. I have a hard time reading/listening to anyone else as his credibility as the most awarded homebrewer of all time is hard to compare to. The Sunday Sessions are good too, although it can take a few shows to get used to the semi-juvenile humor.

Yeah buddy!! I love the Sunday Session. It's full of information and hysterical too. Jamill is very informative. I love the Brewing Network probably too much.

Yeah buddy!! I love the Sunday Session. It's full of information and hysterical too. Jamill is very informative. I love the Brewing Network probably too much.

:mug: In the words of Jamil: Hey Howdy Hey, my brewing brother! :mug:

I've never listened to the Brewing Network but, I had a nice conversation with Justin last week in Portland.

Jamil seems to be such a genuine nice guy. I hope he is making at least some money on the work he has done over the lsst several years. I want to buy his book through the BN but they don't have any to sell plus they are out of AHA memberships. I'm still waiting.

The Sunday Session is pretty long some evenings but I always listen to the archived sessions during the week.

I listen to all the shows (yes, even the other one) It has replaced regular radio in my truck on the way to work. I even listen to The Session at work. My coworkers at least know about the hop shortage now. It has definatly changed my brewing for the better.
Along with this place!:mug:

I've never listened to the Brewing Network but, I had a nice conversation with Justin last week in Portland.

He seems like a cool guy, how was he in person?

I listen weekly, I subscribe to their podcasts which makes it easy being that Im usually busy Sunday nights

I am surprised at how well the show is. When I first heard about it, I thought it was a bunch of drunks talking about craft beer. But I was shocked by the wealth of the info for the homebrewer, not to mention the entertainment factor. Those ****** Bags!! I also listen to it on my IPOD when I go for long runs. I think it slows me down though, because I laugh too much. Cheers to those guys!!

It's okay. Yes Jamil is definitely well versed and the show is informative.

On occasion I will listen to the styles podcasts if I am about to brew a style I am not familiar with. But usually I am too preoccupied to pay attention and the show just fades into background noise.

aight i have never herd of this...radio station? podcast? where do i get this?
It's a live streaming radio show but you can download it it in podcast format a few days after each show.

Don't forget to tune in live on Sundays, 5pm Pacific time!

I have 45 minute drive to work so I occasionally download it to my podcaster-FM transmitter.

I always do so with 3 or 4 downloads on long road trips!!!

I have to admit that I listen to the Jamil show waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much.

I listen to the Jamil show for each new style I tackle, as I'm still quite new as a brewer. His book is great, as well. Both resources have made my brews better. Also, TBN nicely drives home the laid-back, generous, geeky, slightly tipsy ethos that I love so much about homebrewing.

I have been going through all of the basic brewing episodes and I think that is really good. Once I punch out all of those I will probably start going through the Jamil show since it is getting so much praise here.

The Jamil Show is great for information while The Sunday Session is great for entertainment (also information sometimes).

Can't wait for Tasty's IIPA.

I like the way they don't try to tell you "This is the way it must be done" They simply discuss methods, styles etc. and share opinions, leaving you to make your own decisions. Jamil and the Brewing Network are a first class resource. The Jamil shows are kinda like the "Top Gear" of brewing, I love the humour. :)

Back