Bone Head move of the day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reverend JC

2500 gallons year to date
Reaction score
So im brewing up what I think is going to be a delicious APA.

Scaled up to 10 gallons

22.5 lbs MO
.75 lb Vienna
.75 lb cara munich
1 lb victory
1 lb red wheat

Get my hops all weighed out. What I failed to notice was that i had already scaled up my recipe in promash and didnt do it to the hops:drunk:

DOAH!!!!

Nope, have done nothing to it yet.

It has an IBU of 26.5 instead of the 41 I was shooting for.

The sample i tasted before i pitched yeast was fairly bitter so that should be ok, but, i will have to dry hop the crap out of it.

all should be ok, just thought i would share something that should have been so simple to avoid.

Heh, I only had one beer all brew session too:drunk:

It would be, but at this stage in my brewing career I am more concerned with repeatability, making a hop tea is not something i want to get started doing all the time.

I will chalk this up to a brain fart and see what happens.

It would be, but at this stage in my brewing career I am more concerned with repeatability, making a hop tea is not something i want to get started doing all the time.

I will chalk this up to a brain fart and see what happens.

So,
How are you going to get your brain to fart repeatably? :D

LOL, well, if it has some hop aroma and a slight caramel flavor and no bitterness i think i may have just cloned the American Ale :drunk:

Latest posts

Back