Hello from Boston

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sumo

Reaction score
Looking forward to making my first batch. I was given a MrBeer kit for my birthday. (I know that is blasphimus to some of you) however we all have to start somewher right?

:tank:

Thank you Free Eagle. I just came back from that very store. The guys inside were really helpful. For $25 bucks the guy helped me put together an Irish stout and took the time to write down the recipe and steps involved. He told me that he uses the Mr Beer to ferment his test batches before he does them in the 5 gallon buckets.
I got cleaner with that and a few other things. I have to go back later to get the bottle capper and caps. Its a basic self help store. They have all the grains in bins. you weigh them out and grind it yourself. I have a kitchenaid mixer and I am thinking of getting the Grain Mill for it. To grind the hops at home when I am ready to use them.
Stop in, I think you will like it. They told me to bring a bottle of the finished beer to test it and they will help with pointers, however if the beer is really good quality they request multiple samples for assured quality control lol.

Welcome!

Spirit%20of%20Masshole%20Sticka.jpg

Thank you.
I just brewed my first batch today. I made an Irish Stout. The recipe was given to me by a brew store employee when I picked up my equipment. It looked good and I was happy about the way it looked. No boil overs or burned wort.
Next saturday I will move it to a carboy and let it sit for two weeks before bottling.

:ban:

I forgot to add that I left the Mr Beer for making root beer with my kid. I bought a 5 gallon starter kit.

See...the obsession has begun...

1st - 2.5 gal Mr Beer

without even brewing any...up to a 5 gallon kit.

Before you know it... All grain...

then comes...the "might as well do 10 gallon batches"...

Then you will catch yourself looking at craigslist/ebay for the brewhouse equipment...

BTW - Welcome. Check out the gatherings section - Paul is having another brew/bbq/drink-fest.

-Will

Ok, made another 5 gals last nite
was on craigslist and got three 5 gallon igloo coolers..
already order the fitting to convert them with false bottoms and spigots..

Do I need help yet?

We need to form some kind of HBT Massachusetts Union or something..

I say we organize and march!!!.... on!!... something!!!

Welcome adigeso!! As folks have mentioned, you've taken the first step down a long, long road of an obsessive hobby. Luckily it's fun and the end result is pretty nice to have around!

Back