Things about your co-workers that annoy you

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe you should re-read my post. I was paying you a compliment! I never said my job was stressful, so don't know where you get that. Just that it is filled with some drama queens, that's all. I only took my FMLA when I NEEDED it as you say. Trust me, after almost losing my older brother to a lung infection and losing my mother to cancer this year, my job has been nothing but a sanctuary to me. I can also pull my weight there and , unfortunately, others' as well.

Never thought I would get yelled at for agreeing with someone. Geez!

Sorry man...I did re read your post and the tone was completely different after this post. For some reason when I read it last night it came off as very condescending, doesnt help that I can't see this ( :mug: ) when I'm reading on my phones app. Sometimes I'm just an idiot :smack:

Same guy I mentioned 100x already also smells worse than any human being I've ever experienced. It's like B.O. plus sweat socks plus something growing in the skin-folds that don't get clean. It's so bad that you can walk down an empty hallway and smell that he must've passed-by not long ago. If he leaves a room, it smells like him for a good 5 minutes afterwards. I've mentioned it to my boss...I mean, hygiene is something they can demand as employers, right? Someone help me here. I can't stand to be 10' from the guy but I don't want to come off like the "complainer"

I get the pleasure of working with one of those "beeches" who lies and lies about everything to make you look bad while doing nothing for herself AND is getting promoted. My job depends on her getting info to me which she just never would do and i was working extra to get things done. I finally had to sit the boss down and show him documentation to prove my point. Probably wont make a difference but I felt better.

We've got that guy that's always got a bigger and better story than you. And not just just a little...guiness book stuff. He'll walk by while a bunch of you are talking and bud in. "Oh ya, well I hit a drive like 400 yards on saturday...I couldn't even see the ball i hit it so far!" Ya I'm pretty sure those long drive guys struggle to hit it that far, but sure buddy whatever.

Sorry man...I did re read your post and the tone was completely different after this post. For some reason when I read it last night it came off as very condescending, doesnt help that I can't see this ( :mug: ) when I'm reading on my phones app. Sometimes I'm just an idiot :smack:

That's alright bro. I work with the same kinds of people, and it can be frustrating at times, especially when they seem to get more recognition than you.

Next beer's on me.

1) There's a guy in my group that's been with the company at least 20 years, I've been here less than 10, yet he continues to ask me "how do you do that again?" Dude you've been here in this job for 20 years and you can't remember something simple???? Why are you still here again?

2) H1-B1 Visa recpients, there's a ton of them here (it's a huge corporation). The most annoying are the ones from a cretain very large country that's famous for spicy food and telephone support. Almost all of them think they're in a higher cast than you even if they couldn't find their way out of a wet paper sack with a running chain saw...

3) All of them that insist on comming to work when they are sick and refusing to cover their mouths when they cough or sneeze, gawd I hate that.

4) IT support is farmed out to a small island nation in the Pacific ocean, don't even bother calling the support line, they'll never understand what your problem is and you'll never understand them.

5) English as a second language, gives me a headache evertime. Look you came here to work right? At least try to learn a little of the language...

/rant off/

I seriously wish it was possible to quarantine the co-workers with children and the co-workers without children from early September to end of June. These are the people who get sick from their kids and typically bring it into the office instead of taking sick days.

I have this coworker, who I already dislike, who does this. He has had a cold since November, off and on. The other day he calls me and wants me to come over and talk. I say I am busy and he replies "Oh, well I am sick and am hoping to go home soon cough cough weeeze)."

So my immune system is a little screwed up from an illness I had last year and I hate being sick. I ask if we can just talk over the phone. He agrees and that was that.

Ten minutes later, he is in my cube hacking and coughing "I know you are avoiding me because you don't want to be sick, but I had to talk to you."

Mother****er.

The smelly, extra loud guy who can't spell, has terrible grammar, and does below the minimal amount of work. He is also unreliable, often times smells like hay and horse dung (we work in IT Support in DC, where are there horses around here?). Been here for 20 years longer than myself, seems to be a lifer, and is oblivious or too lazy to remember the simple things.

The girl who is my relief on sunday nights when I get off work at 11 pm and come back in on monday morning at 6:30. I live half an hour away so I do not get a full nights sleep anyway, yet she is consistently half an hour late for her shift which means I get even less sleep.

Oh, and our management, we have more PMs than actual workers, and the management has no backbone and gives in to our 'customers' for things that are against policy just because they want to avoid confrontation.

1.) The people who constantly play dumb & plead ignorance so that noboddy asks them to do anything.
2.) The people who consistently screw up something on the front end of a project, yet refuse to help one single bit to fix the problem on the back end.
3.) The people who, for some reason, bring every single document that comes across the fax machine to me and ask me who they should give it to. I AM NOT THE CATCH ALL.
4.) Managers who ask us not to envolve them in the day to day operations of the company and then flip out when they haven't been told about something.
5.) People who come into my office and stand there waiting on me to get off the phone
6.) People who come into my office and shake a piece of paper to get my attention.
7.) People that want to complain about trivial things like parking spaces.
8.) Loud talkers that use speaker phone constantly.

and last but not least....

People who don't understand when to stop using the "Reply to All" feature on emails.

I hate my current job by the way and could name at least 50 annoying co-worker traits.

Just had one. Was in some kind of safety meeting thing, and we had to get shown the fire exits like we're all a bunch of morans.

Anyway, as 20 people are all walking down the hall, the inevitable "mooooo" cattle sound comes from the back. People actually laugh, too. Like it's funny. But it's not funny. It's stupid, and unoriginal.

my co-worker... CONSTANTLY wanting me to stroke his back, scratch him behind the ear, then he rolls onto his back, expecting me to rub his tummy.

never does any work, always sleeping

asks me every time to go use the bathroom, then does it outside

every day, bugging me to prepare his meals

gets upset when I leave the office, then jumps on me the second I return

if he weren't so damn adorable, I would fire him

IMG_6288.jpg

I WANT THE WHOLE OFFICE TO KNOW THAT I FOUND A WAY TO SAVE 3 CENTS ON THOSE PARTS WE ARE BUYING

yeah that guy.

The group of guys who gather to talk in the morning and have a smoke right next to my tool box. The ashes get all over my box and in a few drawers drives me nuts because I don't smoke. I started using my blow gun to dust every thing off first thing in the morning and they finally got the hint after two days. Or it may have been dusting them off too.

I don't have anything against smokers just be courteous about it.

my co-worker... CONSTANTLY wanting me to stroke his back, scratch him behind the ear, then he rolls onto his back, expecting me to rub his tummy.

never does any work, always sleeping

asks me every time to go use the bathroom, then does it outside

every day, bugging me to prepare his meals

gets upset when I leave the office, then jumps on me the second I return

if he weren't so damn adorable, I would fire him

View attachment 125119

Be careful. Once Corporate learns that you've convinced your co-worker to be harnessed and leashed to his work space, the rest of us will soon follow.

Be careful. Once Corporate learns that you've convinced your co-worker to be harnessed and leashed to his work space, the rest of us will soon follow.

gah! once a week, I gotta work down at corporate. coworkers there act like they're 1½, 6 and 8 years old. get almost no work done. it's not so bad between september and june, when they don't show up to work until 3:30 and I leave at 5.

summers they work the same schedule as me, it's relentless

Same guy I mentioned 100x already also smells worse than any human being I've ever experienced. It's like B.O. plus sweat socks plus something growing in the skin-folds that don't get clean. It's so bad that you can walk down an empty hallway and smell that he must've passed-by not long ago. If he leaves a room, it smells like him for a good 5 minutes afterwards. I've mentioned it to my boss...I mean, hygiene is something they can demand as employers, right? Someone help me here. I can't stand to be 10' from the guy but I don't want to come off like the "complainer"

At my last job, there was this guy that had to weight 400 lbs. He kept pretty much a brick of cheese by his computer and would eat off it all day long. Not only that, but he'd profusely sweat moldy cheese the entire time. The smell was horrendous, and of course his cubicle was right next to the door heading out to the hall where the bathroom was, so you had no choice but to go by him several times a day. I'd have to hold my breath every time I walked past him.

People who clip their finger/toe nails in their cubicles. Do that @*%$ at home.

Seriously. Every place I've worked has had at least one person who does that. Do you not have 5 minutes to spare at home to do it?

Yet another co-worker I have insists on parking in the farthest possible parking space to avoid door dings in the employee lot, but whines like a little girl that the landscaping contractor gets grass on his truck when they mow next to his vehicle.

I have a guy like this where I work. He has an average car at best, but he is completely obsessed with it. He parks outside the window near my department. He parks as far away from the rest of the cars as he can, and there is usually about 10-20 spaces between his car and the closest car.

One of the guys I work with had an old beater car. It was a red 80s cavalier. The muffler was gone. He spray painted a big 01 on the side and duct taped a confederate flag on the roof so it looked like a Ghetto General Lee from the Dukes of Hazard. He even had the Dixie horn. It was the ugliest beater I've ever seen.

He brought it into work one day and parked right next to the OCD guy's car. Within 10-minutes the guy came out and moved his car. Of course, our guy went and moved his car right next to it again. This kept up for a few hours. Finally Mr. OCD started calling people in our department demanding to know who owned the car. He'd figured out the culprit was in our group. We played stupid. The whole thing kept going for about 4-hours.

Finally Mr. OCD actually called the cops. They showed up and were not too happy about being called in for a parking lot dispute. The facilities manager wasn't too happy either. I heard they chewed the guy out pretty good. They said it was a public lot and he had no parking rights there.

It was very funny, but we stopped after the cops showed up. I think people were a little worried about the guy going postal if we kept pushing him. :D

We've streets inside our facility. People will stop their trucks side by side and chat. Move! Get out the way! You have cell phones and/or radios. There's lots of space to have a chat.

Frige said:
The owner my of my company seems to care more about drag racing that life itself which is very annoying to all the other employees who are trying to rehash the latest episode of american idol. Not only that but he puts in at least 55-60 hrs a week. Then rebuilds old cars and brews beer in his downtime. He also has been known to fire people for gossiping and creating a hostile work environment.

I would quit but I own the damn place.:cool:

Sounds unbearable to be stuck with a guy like that haha

I WANT THE WHOLE OFFICE TO KNOW THAT I FOUND A WAY TO SAVE 3 CENTS ON THOSE PARTS WE ARE BUYING

yeah that guy.
Oh my dog.

Our secretary.

She will spend two DAYS searching the internet for the cheapest toner cartridges available - and then used to come back and ask me to order them (she doesn't have a credit card, couldn't do online purchases). Even when she got burned on some absolute junk units out of California, didn't slow her down. Worst part... she'd save MAYBE $10/unit.

We're going through a massive office remodel right now - as in gut it to the studs, rip out all interior walls, and start over. Every day she throws a fit... "The painters are here, and the electricians are still working" Uh, yeah... the electricians are hanging lights in the drop ceiling. The painters are working at the other end of the building. They can both be here... and unless you want to be stuck in temporary office space for ANOTHER four months, crews are going to have to be working side-by-side.

And we're still a month away from moving back in to our offices, but she's throwing a holy fit because we'll be switching to VoIP, and "Well, MY fax machine and MY postage machine need phone lines, and WE won't have phone lines, we'll be network"... In our temporary space, she's sitting about 15 feet from my desk, so I have to listen to her phone calls as she's chicken-littleing about this stuff. I can only imagine how confused the support staff is when she calls...

I just read this whole thread and have to admit I must be pretty lucky. Some of the garbage you folks put up with would drive a good man to do bad.

Egotistical people who have the same training as you but think they are better. Ran across a person like that once. He put on a good show for management and they made him a supervisor. I'm truly surprised somebody didn't punch the guy out. Everybody I know, me included quit and got a better job, might have even taken a paycut but are now happy. I can't stand egomaniacs. Their insecurity is just to much to handle.

I work with the worst people ever. City. Government. Employees. I don't even have to post details do I? I win, right?

I'm a PhD student. There are 6 of us in the program. The professors encourage us to bounce ideas off each other, and have even set up weekly meetings where we share our work and get suggestions from the other students. I try to contribute something to everyone if I can, or at least ask a question to show I'm listening. The problem is that I'm usually the ONLY one contributing. If I don't say anything, everyone just stares in silence. Annoying.

gratus fermentatio said:
The fact that I have coworkers is enough to irritate me. Somebody likes to stink up the mens room at about the same time every morning, don't know who, but you could almost set your watch by the stink. He turns the light & fan (they're connected) off when he leaves & allows his stink to linger far longer. I'm really starting to hate that guy, whoever he is.

ME! Hahahaha

There are three men in my office of 20.... The women's bathroom is huge with multiple stalls. Men's is one room (and that's where we drug test new staff) can't tell you how many times I've had my morning Duce interrupted. The worst thing is they wait outside the door until you are done. I have nowhere to hide!!!

In all honesty though... I get a strange kick out of it o.0

The good old boys club. You know who I mean. The "I've been blowing the owner since highschool" kind of guys. Have their own little club full of dingleberries and act like teenage girls.

The really annoying Mexican guy. Barks like a dog constantly; speaks no English yet is some how a citizen; sexually harasses people; works in shipping and recieving yet makes enough to drive a new truck.

The surley *******. Stinks like skunk piss and cigarettes. Acts like an ******* to everyone and think he's your best friend. Is a white supremacist and proud of it.

forstmeister said:
I work with the worst people ever. City. Government. Employees. I don't even have to post details do I? I win, right?

I may have you beat I work for DoD as civil service. Great paying job however the boss cannot force anyone to work. So I work with guys that don't do jack **** all day and haven't for like 10 years.
I work on a flight line and we work on C-130s for anyone that doesn't know C-130s have four props and they will kill you if they hit you. I got a guy I work with that insist on standing within 6 inch of them while they are running to inspect something. I have been sitting in the flight deck pushing sticks and I've been at full power and look out the windscreen and not see him. I ask him on head set where he's at and he tells me looking at #3. Usually the guy in Copilot seat looks out and there he is standing a few inches from a 13 foot proper at full speed. Then when we tell him he's being unsafe he tells us to stop being pu$$ies. I have told my supervision countless times that he is dangerous and I think he has a substance abuse problem and nothing ever happens.
I work with another guy that lied and had his prior supervision lie to get him into a engine run trainee program. His supervision lied because he's such a turd. He has been on the line for over a year and can't do tasks that the Air Force makes 19 year olds do. He's is by far the dumbest person I have ever met. He's also a Topper Magee. As in everything you can do I can do better. He's a prior marine and tells us how he use to tell his gunny to f1ck off and all kind of other crazy ****. His wife is 24 years older than him and she drops him off at work to take his truck and spend all of his money this we talks about how if he has to he will smack a b1tch. I'm almost positive his wife beats him.
Also someone mentioned the guy that has been a the company twice as long and is always asking newer guys how to do stuff. I get that same stuff at work all the time. Some of the guys out here have been turning wrenches longer than I have been alive and ask me how to do stuff. Even worst we have over 100 technical orders in the library that are wrote at a 7th grade level.
I could go on and on.

The loud smelly guy is yelling into his phone again, right now. There is no other sound in the room, a very large one, but him talking at an 11 into a brand new VOIP phone...

New one: people who complain that it's too cold in the office, yet refuse to wear a sweater or anything with long sleeves.

how about those that complain that its cold, then take it upon themselves to adjust the thermostat for the entire office.

We had a secretary at one time who would turn the heat pump on in the morning during summer.

tre9er said:
The loud smelly guy is yelling into his phone again, right now. There is no other sound in the room, a very large one, but him talking at an 11 into a brand new VOIP phone...

Is the handset black? If so take a couple small pieces of black electrical tape and cover the mouthpiece mic ever so discreetly. When done properly it is almost impossible to notice and no matter how loud he talks the person on the other end won't hear him. At least that way you get a little chuckle out of it.

New one: people who complain that it's too cold in the office, yet refuse to wear a sweater or anything with long sleeves.

We have the guy who's hot all the time, wears short sleeves in the dead of winter, and likes the thermostat on 64 all the time...The rest of us are wearing our coats all day indoors.

Is the handset black? If so take a couple small pieces of black electrical tape and cover the mouthpiece mic ever so discreetly. When done properly it is almost impossible to notice and no matter how loud he talks the person on the other end won't hear him. At least that way you get a little chuckle out of it.

it is. that would be funny, but I don't want to enter his cube. Seriously, the entire room smells of him. When he's off work it's noticeable. I hold my breath when I walk by him or his workspace. I refuse to sit near him in meetings. I'm not exaggerating, either...he's the worst smelling human I've ever encountered.

I'm actually a bit annoyed by a former coworker who did too much work. He recently basically burned out and took a position with a new company. So I got to take over all his work. And since he was doing a stupid amount of stuff for the client, they now expect it for all the jobs going forward.

I get going above and beyond, but there's a point where it's just too much.

Yep. The women in our office are like that. At least the 'bad' ones will leave a sweater at their desk. Our accountant keeps a small space heater in her office, and it's not uncommon to see it running in August. Meanwhile I'm sitting in short sleeves with a fan running at my desk in January.

May have been mean of us, but we had one former employee who looked like an overweight, female version of the kid on the MAD Magazine cover. Seriously fugly. She b'd us out one year for having the thermostat set at 72, saying "I'd like to be able to wear summer clothes sometime".... in the back of our minds, we were thinking "Yeah, but we'd prefer you wore a burkha. Or a tarp." (Yes, we're @$$holes. We're comfortable with that.)

(She had this god-awful fleece vest she'd wear... it was seriously "Safety Yellow". She looked like a freaking traffic cone in it. Didn't help she was a redhead)

This is a former co-worker story...

I used to work for a small credit union doing IT stuff. In the IT department were me and 2 other guys and then our boss who was probably one of the most disgusting human beings I have ever met.

We were housed in a converted portion of a large garage while the credit union itself was across the parking lot from us. Our office area was a few rooms framed out in the garage with cheap doors, dry wall and no insulation. There was a bathroom though. Of course with 4 guys and one bathroom in a small connected space with little to no sound or odor isolation there were rules for the toilet. You do not drop a deuce there! If you need to do that you went across to the credit union proper and used a bathroom over there.

Well, our pig of a boss heeded those rules for a while after I started, but then they went out the window. He would take the smelliest craps in that bathroom then either leave for the day or to go out to lunch and leave the door wide open to share his gift with the rest of us. Nothing like the office smelling like sulfur and fetid meat for a few hours. When he did have the courtesy to shut the door after he had ruined the toilet (read when he was staying in the office) he wouldn't leave the vent fan on so you would unknowingly wander in to the bathroom only to be hit with the most unholy smell in the world. It was all you could do not to gag and pass out as you made your retreat.

I could go on for hours about all the disgusting dickish stuff he pulled while I was there, but needless to say I was more than pleased when he got canned for having an inappropriate relationship with the crazy HR lady.

Back