Great Divide Brewing Co.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeRoux's Broux

Reaction score
Anyone ever had Great Divide brew before? I bought a sixer of the Hot Shot ESB. pretty good. nice malt w/ a hop kick to finish.

I took a tour of great divide just a few months ago when I was back in Denver. Their DPA, Oak Aged Yeti and a number of other beers I cant remember the name of are absolutely fantastic.

after checking the web page,i wish i would have p/u some of the Titan IPA or one of the other big, hoppy beers. but, happy w/ the ESB.

was it a good tour?

The tour was most excellent. There's not a lot to see, but they were very generous about giving whatever beer you wanted.. even if it had to come out of a bottle. (they had 4 or 5 of their beers on tap).

I learned some pretty good stuff that day, mostly about big brewing in general. They reuse their yeast 14 times before they toss it. Pretty interesting.

wow, 14? they one's i've been to don't use more than 10 generations. must be a hardy strain?
always cool to visit a brewery that's not shy about sharing....

you gotta try some of thier special releases in bombers if you can find 'em. wish i could remember the name of thier series, but the bottle i saved got used for homebrew.

well, i'm supposed to go back to that big liquor store in Houston next weekend, so i'll be more prepared and know what to look for.

Good Stuff, I just had one of their Double IPA's this morning. They claim over 9% ABV but you wouldn't know it. Hoppy but smooth. I like it.

ScottT said:
Good Stuff, I just had one of their Double IPA's this morning. They claim over 9% ABV but you wouldn't know it. Hoppy but smooth. I like it.

A IIPA in the morning? Hardcore!

this thread is only a year and a month old, time to bring it back to life!

I'm trying the Great Divide Hercules Double IPA tonight. It is very sweet and malty but still balanced. I had high hopes for Great Divide so I'm a little disappointed and at $6 a bottle, I won't be buying it again.

I had the Titan IPA (or double IPA, I can't recall) a few weeks ago. Good, but unexpectional. Not terribly distinctive, IMHO. Still a good example of the style.

I didn't see the Titan, that's the one I really wanted to try. That and Hop-Pocalypse!

Mindflux said:
I took a tour of great divide just a few months ago when I was back in Denver. Their DPA, Oak Aged Yeti and a number of other beers I cant remember the name of are absolutely fantastic.

The oak-aged yeti is in my top 5 now. Huge fan, though GD's beers are just barely trickling into the metro area.

Back