Need Kegerator buying advice/support . . .

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Halldawg

Reaction score
Would like to get a 2 tap kegerator . . . any advice on where to buy this? Not a huge DIY guy, but could do some if needed.

Depends on when you want it, and how much you want to spend.

I got lucky and picked mine up from Craigslist, but finding a decently priced one is hit and miss. Also keep in mind that most kegerators are going to be fitted with the nuts to fit a sanke keg (so you may have to cut them off and attach ball/pin lock fittings depending on your kegs)

If you want it yesterday - Ebay is your friend, and I believe there are a couple of vendors who can customize it for you (but this might be a bit more moolah)
-Me

i just picked up a Haier from beveragefactory.com
link here

it's great, can see some picks of it set up here
you need to drill some new holes on the top to install the 2 tap tower (it was only predrilled for a 2 inch, 1 tap tower. just 4 little holes, the main hole for the tubes is already done.

EDIT: Oh, and you can save cash by telling them to hold the faucets, fittings, etc, that you already have or want to buy yourself.

I would like to do it soon, but don't want to break the bank. I can probably handle doing the fittings myself ( I hope).

The fittings were simple. If you can cut a hose, then heat it up a bit to finnagle a fitting into it, then put a clamp on the end - you should have no issues.

Like I said, I picked mine up from CL then bought the fittings and a new tower. If you arent in a huge rush to 'break the bank' keep saving for 'what you want' and keep your eyes on CL. If a good deal appears, then you will have enough to get that then make it to what YOU want. :)

Suggestion though - budget some perlicks NOW. Trust me, you are going to want them. I Have a 3 tap tower and I suffered through regular faucets for several months before I saved for some perlicks. One of the best buys I have made :)
-Me

Cool Halldawg. There's something to be said about made to order & looking forward to getting mine as well. I got a Kolsch waiting for its final resting place ;).

Back