High Final Gravity

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chisena

Reaction score
I kegged an under attenuated Octoberfest (1020) because I am idiot and was rushing. It's now been carbonated for a few weeks. Is there any way to add yeast and try and get the gravity down more. It's too sweet for me...

not without causing the bottles to explode. Which likely happen if you didnt let the yeast finish and now they are going to ferment down in the bottle

not without causing the bottles to explode. Which likely happen if you didnt let the yeast finish and now they are going to ferment down in the bottle

I failed to mention this beer is in a keg [emoji52]

you could try but I'd do a small sample first to see if yeast health was even your issue.

Hit all the numbers. Should have been able to ferment lower but who knows. I'm just curious what Ill effects may arise from taking the keg off gas and tossing some yeast in there. At this point, I figure I don't have much to loose if the beer doesn't appeal to me as-is.

Back