maltodextrin question regarging brewing software

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottab

Reaction score
I use a couple of brewing apps on my tablet and none have maltodextrin as one of their ingredients.
What i need to know is information on specific gravity, srm, moisture, and percent yield.
I've searched and searched but cant find information other than it adds 40ppg anyone know?

Here is what beersmith gives me about Malto Dextrin:

Malt bases sugar that is less than 5% fermentable. Increases the body and mouth-feel of the beer and adds slight sweetness.

When I put it in a recipe, it does not change any off the data, i.e. SRM, Gravity, etc...

Like the description says, it is mainly used for mouth-feel and to add some sweetness.

Here is what beersmith gives me about Malto Dextrin:

Malt bases sugar that is less than 5% fermentable. Increases the body and mouth-feel of the beer and adds slight sweetness.

When I put it in a recipe, it does not change any off the data, i.e. SRM, Gravity, etc...

Like the description says, it is mainly used for mouth-feel and to add some sweetness.

So how does the srm and sg calculate? If you don't put a sg in an app or you put 0 thén for example the brewr app goes all bonkers

I don't see that Malto-Dextrin will add any color, and since it is not fermentable, it will not add to the SG. When I use Beersmith, it doesn't change those numbers

This is what Beersmith gives me. It doesn't even allow me to enter the items you are requesting.

MD_beersmtih.JPG

Back