BIAB recipe questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RVB

Reaction score
I've only recently started brewing again and to date have brewed a brewer's best kit (turned out fine) a partial from a recipe I found here (turned out great) and finally a BIAB all grain that the jury is still out on.
My questions are, can I brew any all grain recipe using BIAB method without making any kind of adjustments (and if I do need to make adjustments, what are they?) and finally is it possible to convert a partial recipe to all grain? thanks for any advice.

can I brew any all grain recipe using BIAB method without making any kind of adjustments

In my experience, yes, but I'm probably missing some exceptions. There are very few exceptions, if any.

is it possible to convert a partial recipe to all grain?

Absolutely. Replace a pound of DME with 1.7 pounds of base malt, and a pound of LME with 1.3 pounds of base malt. These numbers might vary depending on your efficiency, so you might want to use a calculator like Beer Calculus to dial these numbers in.

In my experience, yes, but I'm probably missing some exceptions. There are very few exceptions, if any.

Absolutely. Replace a pound of DME with 1.7 pounds of base malt, and a pound of LME with 1.3 pounds of base malt. These numbers might vary depending on your efficiency, so you might want to use a calculator like Beer Calculus to dial these numbers in.

Thanks for the help. Time to get to work. :)

Back