Salsa Recipes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Simple Salsa
1 each Med Red, Green, and Amber Bell pepper
2 serrano peppers
2 jalapeno peppers
5 med roma tomatos
1 med white onion
1 clove of garlic
1 bundle of cilantro
4 Tsp of lime juice
1 tsp of sea salt
Let sit overnight,

Might be a bit on the spicy side.
But great with a meal !​

While not technically a salsa, it's damn good

Mole sauce

Be prepared to spend the day in the kitchen
2 ancho chiles
2 dried New Mexico chiles
2 pasilla chiles
2 guajillo chiles
2 dried chipotle chiles... All roasted 2-3 minutes in dry cast iron skillet, cooled, remove seeds and soak 30 mins

4 ripe plum tomatoes
1 medium onion
4 cloves garlic... All roasted in skillet and set aside to cool

1 corn tortilla... torn into small pieces and toasted in skillet until crisp and set aside

3 Tbs almonds... toasted in skillet 2-3 minutes ( don't burn) and set aside

3 Tbs sesame seeds... toasted in skillet 2-3 minutes ( don't burn) and set aside

1/2 tsp black peppercorn
1/2 tsp coriander seeds
1/2 stick cinnamon
2 whole cloves
1/4 tsp anise seed... toasted until fragrant 2-3 mins ( DO NOT BURN) then ground in spice grinder

1/4 cup fresh cilantro
4 Tbs golden raisins

3 Tbs olive oil (lard if you wish)
2-3 cups chicken stock

1 oz unsweetened chocolate
2-3 Tbs honey
1 1/2 tbs red wine vinegar
coarse salt to taste

After everything has been toasted, cooled, cleaned and/or soaked
put everything up to and including the raisins in a blender and run until a smooth paste

Put oil into a sauce pot, add the rest and heat on medium heat 5 minutes whiles stirring almost constantly
lower the heat and add remaining ingredients and simmer for 15-20 mins stirring often

It will keep for about a month in the fridge, or freeze the extra

Ive seen some salsas down in mexico that are creamy, and damn good. Ive seen a creamy habenero type, and also a creamy type serrano salsa. Tried like hell to replicate with no luck. Anybody?

There is a guy on here that made the best salsa I've ever had. I got the recipe from him, but I was sworn to secrecy, so I hesitate to reveal who it was.

I'm only posting to give props. I've made the recipe with a couple of minor subs, because I didn't have the exact peppers he called for, and it was still fantastic, but just short of being as good as his.

I can say that we chowed down on it this past summer at a brewday.

His homemade bacon was easily the best bacon I've ever had in my life too. I wish I'd tried it before I ordered my hog's bacon premade. Pork Belly is expensive!

Latest posts

Back