Keezer Project v1.0 a W.I.P.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryWendel

Reaction score
After being introduced to this forum I feel that I can't live without having one of my own. I'll be purchasing the supplies as I find them on special or craigslist as a deal. First priority is to get a basic setup going (picnic taps) and a system that can be expanded upon as I have more time/money in the future. I've got ideas in my mind and I got a pretty good idea on how to execute it. And I'll update as it comes along. Still in the Purchasing step now.

I was wondering what sort of regrets you guys about your current setup? What would you do differently?

Size can't be an issue as I live in an apartment so a freezer that can hold 3 soda kegs is my limit.

My number one regret is buying things that I knew I would upgrade later. I first bought two picnic taps... upgraded in a month, wasted $15. I bought a cheap chest freezer that was too big and only held 3 kegs... upgraded to one that smaller and held five (whirlpool 8.9).

My recommendation, don't buy stuff with the plan on upgrading later. Buy the upgrade now. The only non-regret I have is going with regular faucets instead of perlicks. I found a phenomenal deal on five new faucets for $40 on ebay. However, if I was paying full price, the extra $10 per faucet is probably also.... worth the upgrade.

Definately be glad you are going the keezer route. I have a large refrigerator (4keg capacity) and while not that much extra work I really do not like having to pull the front two kegs out to get at the back two, etc.... Really would be great to be able to access everything from the top.

Back