Atlanta, GA - 9/29-10/2!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwoHeadsBrewing

Reaction score
I'll be in Atlanta for biz from 9/29 - 10/2...any breweries or brew pubs I should go to in the area? I'll be staying out in Lithia Springs and working in Douglasville but want to check out the local brew scene. Any places I should put on the itinerary?

While I personally have never been; I hear good things about The Brick Store. Might be work looking into, but its a bit of a drive from Douglasville.

While I personally have never been; I hear good things about The Brick Store. Might be work looking into, but its a bit of a drive from Douglasville.

I think heading into Decatur is worth the drive. The Brick Store is great, but it gets crowded early. There is also a Taco Mac (large selection), and a local brewpub, Twains, all within walking distance of each other.

I would also recommend Max Lagers downtown. And 5 Seasons north of the city.

Let me know if and when you were thinking about heading into Decatur, I live 3 miles from there and might be able to meet up for a pint or two.

Thanks for the tip, the Brick Store looks like a great place and has received some good reviews as well. Not sure if I can make it out there...google maps says 36 miles from my hotel. Not only that, but the route goes right through Atlanta on Hwy 20. Is there any other way to get there in decent time without going through the city?

Thanks for the tip, the Brick Store looks like a great place and has received some good reviews as well. Not sure if I can make it out there...google maps says 36 miles from my hotel. Not only that, but the route goes right through Atlanta on Hwy 20. Is there any other way to get there in decent time without going through the city?

I-20 through the city is surprisingly not that bad, especially the part/direction you would be traveling on.

I loved the Brick Store. When I was in town, they were opening a different cask a day for five days. I ended up staying an extra day so that I could try all five.

Edit: Oh and the farmers market is pretty cool as well. Good beer selection there and lots of fresh seafood.

Well, here I am in the Sac Airport waiting for my flight. In the case of air travel, the journey is definitely NOT the thing! Had to get up at 3:00am this morning in order to get a direct flight at a decent time. The plus side is that I'll be in Atlanta at around 1:30pm...hopefully checked into the hotel by 2:30 or so. Should leave me plenty of time to hit the Brick Store or 5 Seasons tonight. If anyone is in the area and wants to meet for a drink, just PM me. :mug:

I'm heading to the Brick Store pub tonight as it's my last night here...anyone in the Decatur area care to join me?

Sorry I found this message late. If you're in Atlanta, you've should go see the Sweetwater Brewery (tours Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday at 5:30). If time doesn't permit, they have a special pub in the airport (Concourse C, IIRC).

Back