Carbonation problems

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmay10

Reaction score
I created an ale using my own recipe for the first time. It is hoppy with an ABV of about 6. I used corn sugar to carbonate and it has been 1 1/2 weeks in a bottle. I tasted some the other day and it was not that carbonated. I have tasted a few of my other ones after a week and carbonation was not a problem. should I be concerned or more patient?

I created an ale using my own recipe for the first time. It is hoppy with an ABV of about 6. I used corn sugar to carbonate and it has been 1 1/2 weeks in a bottle. I tasted some the other day and it was not that carbonated. I have tasted a few of my other ones after a week and carbonation was not a problem. should I be concerned or more patient?

1 1/2 have weeks is NOT enough time...3 weeks @ 70 degrees is the minimum time it usually takes....If you've tasted others ahead you've been lucky, but more than likely even though it had fizz it hadn't absorbed the co2 back into the beer.

This explains why and there's even a really nifty video.:D
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=711836

Patience is the key to good beer....

You might want to roll the bottles back an forth a couple times to re-rouse the yeast. But if you just sit them out a couple weeks longer they will carb up normally.

Remember yeast is a living thing....it has it's own agenda and timeline. (just like us humans! :D

Stepaway_copy.jpg

:mug:

Back