New Brewery in Holly?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpalarchio

Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about a new brewery being opened up in Holly?

I've seen a few things in the local village council minutes regarding something opening up called "North Oak Brewery" or "Northern Oak Brewery".

I haven't heard anything about that, I know FWB is planning on expanding to a new location north of their current location. Where the old Creative Wood place used to be off N. Long Lake Road.

From the Village of Holly Facebook page today:

Holly Planning Commission approves the Northern Oak Brewery to be constructed at 806 N Saginaw St across from Ganshaw Park. This new site is a welcome addition to that stretch of roadway and hopefully will help spur other development. Hats off to the Planning and Zoning Commissions who worked well with the developer; kudos also to applicant Ed Krupa and architect Doug Necci.

You can always view the applications for new breweries at the Michigan Liquor Control Commission's website. I believe they have downloadable PDFs with very current information listed. Generally the applications are submitted about a year or maybe more in advance of the opening.

Northern Oak Brewery is in the works! The partners are working hard to pour beer out of their 10 barrel system in 2014!! Like them on Facebook for up to date progress and to see the location etc.

My partner and I are waiting for financing from our lender. We expect the loan to be approved within a few weeks. Once approved the construction of the 62 seat tap room and 10 barrel brewhouse will resume, and the brewing equipment will be purchased. We are planning to open in the fall.

Glad to see it's still going forward. Was excited to see the initial building demo and I check the site for activity every time I drive by.

Definitely going forward. We have done some minor work in the last month inside the building at the back of the lot - putting up interior walls to form an office, lay out where the 2nd cold room will go and other minor things - none of which are visible from Saginaw St. We don't have heat, and that cold spell we recently had really kicked our a$$es while we were working!

The framing should be completed this week and the windows set on the 19th. The metal roof will follow shortly thereafter.

Northern Oak Brewery opens to the public on Wednesday, September 9 at 4 pm. Eight beers on tap and a full kitchen.

Back