How many batches of home brew do you have under your belt

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
19 brews in 6 months. I think 3 of those were small batches though.

Good suggestion on the paper backup. I'd be PO'd if I lost my spreadsheet or BeerSmith.

#7 this weekend. Been doin it since January too :D Love it! I dont even buy commercial beers anymore (other than Pyramid's Outburst).

73 in less than three years. Two in fermenters right now.
2009: 9
2010: 31
2011: 31
2012: 2, so far. I'm shooting for 40 this year. All clones this year.
So far -
Sierra Nevada Stout
Sierra Nevada Porter

Next, Three Floyd's Zombie Dust

No idea...I originally used a hand-written journal and there are 14 brews in that. I switched to tracking it on my laptop in 2009. Unfortunately, about 4 months ago my harddrive crashed and was deemed unrecoverable by my local computer repair shop. Since then I've been tracking on my iPad and I have 12 brews in there.

What I'm really upset about losing my harddrive was all of the recipe development I did...I'm mad just thinking about it...I should really just go back to the journal

No, what you need to do is consider how to back up your data. Two things that are certain: 1) EVERYTHIING is digital nowadays, and 2) Hard drives will eventually fail.

Digital records are far better than paper ones for many reasons, but you must have a solid backup plan. (my paper brewing records are long gone, eaten by bugs - literally)

7 batches in 3 months. I'm averaging one about every 2 weeks since I just have 2 fermenters. I'm going to slow down over the summer since my beer reserve is high and I'll be doing other outdoorsy stuff (gardening, travel, etc).

First and last batches were kits (Brewers Best Cream Ale and Northern Brewers Caribou Slobber) and the others I put together with BeerSmith and by looking at other people's recipes.

Mike

i've been brewing regular for 16 years. i have no idea. some winters i brew a lot (this winter i think about 180 gallons- but i filled a barrel), some just 8 or nine beers. i hardly ever brew in the summer- it could be deeper than logistics, but something in me just doesn't feel like cooking when it's hot out. i took like a two year hiatus when i restored a bungalow in 2000- 2002, and had no kitchen. maybe 150 - 200 batches?

No, what you need to do is consider how to back up your data. Two things that are certain: 1) EVERYTHIING is digital nowadays, and 2) Hard drives will eventually fail.

Digital records are far better than paper ones for many reasons, but you must have a solid backup plan. (my paper brewing records are long gone, eaten by bugs - literally)

39 batches since March 2010. I use Google docs as a brewing log, access anywhere, even from phone, won't lose my data, and I usually start a new one each year, as the old one starts to get too long

I'll be brewing up batch #9 friday for my 5 gal series and I've "brewed" about 7 or 8 Mr. Beer kits. Still no AG yet although my friday batch is a 11.5lb grain mash with 2lbs of DME. Barely a PM haha

Filled up a steno pad. Then got lazy. Just started doing the recipe development on the computer. Not really comparing old to new. I just save each recipe as I make it, and write a new one, even if I rebrew. That way, I have a date record of the last edit. I do mostly 11-12 gallon batches now. Probably 140+ batches. Not sure how many gallons over time.

Dave

I started in 1996 and stopped in 2002 ish. I was a pretty heavy brewer probably 20-25 batches a year.

I just started again at the middle of January and have 6 batches bottled or in progress so far this year. Doing AG this days but was an extract guy in the 90's.

If I had to guess it would be somewhere in the low 100's.

Back