Amarillo, Citra and Simcoe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nikobrew

Reaction score
RIGHT NOW THESE ARE ALL AVAILABLE IN FULL POUNDS, BELOW WAS MY ORIGINAL POST
-----------

These are now available in 2oz packs and are of very limited supply. As always it's just $5 to ship as much as you like and we have great international shipping rates posted on the front page of Niko's Homebrew Supply

Amarillo 2010 Crop $6/2oz Amarillo Pellet (2oz) - VERY LIMITED SUPPLY - Nikobrew
Citra 2011 Crop $5/2oz Citra Pellet (2oz) - LIMITED SUPPLY - Nikobrew
Simcoe 2011 Crop $5/2oz Simcoe Pellet (2oz) - LIMITED SUPPLY - Nikobrew

Thanks and have a fun, safe New Years Eve!

Great offer on a great union of hop flavor. The only IPA brew I make that has received gold is with this trio of hops. I have a freezer full of these, but if anyone wondered about making a premium American IPA, order some of these. Order 4 oz of each and you have what you need. :D

Thanks for the support, folks! As of right now we're down to about 80% of our Amarillo and Simcoe, and it's been less than two full days. At this rate we may end up releasing just a certain amount every few months to help the supply last throughout the year. Right now though you're free to order as much as you'd like, dealers and pro brewers are welcome, I know several breweries have snagged some of these up so far. Happy New Year!

Thanks folks for your orders and support. As of right now Simcoe shows as out of stock, we have more and we will add more to the website's inventory and allow more orders once we've shipped some of the orders. As they're listed to ship them starting 1/6 and we have a ton of orders in queue, we'd like to get caught up before offering more. Thanks for your patience and understanding and if you'd like to be kept up to date when we offer more please add yourself to our email list on the left hand side of any of our pages at Niko's Homebrew Supply thanks!

Thanks for all of your orders. Right now Simcoe is sold out for the time being and we still have Citra and a small amount of Amarillo available. We will bring another box of Simcoe in, in a couple of months in an attempt to make our supply last until next season (we'll have much more then).

Just want to tell everyone how niko are good guys to buy of, USPS\canaa post lost some of my hops and niko manage to fix everything for me.
Really impressed by the service.

So is there any citra or armarillo left? Can you get Warrior?

We do have some Citra left in 2oz packs as well as a small amount of Simcoe. We sold about 60 pounds of each in under a day and when the current supply is depleted plan on offering more within a month or two. As for Warrior yes that is a standard variety we stock.

Love the 5 dollar shipping at Niko Brew. Just picked up some Citra!

Sweet! Thanks for your order we greatly appreciate it. Full pounds of Citra sold out in under an hour I was blown away! We have a small amount left in 2oz packs still.

Love the Simcoe and it is getting hard to find around Indy. Might try to split a pound with a few local brewers.

Love the Simcoe and it is getting hard to find around Indy. Might try to split a pound with a few local brewers.

We're actually out of full pounds of it now but have some left in 2oz packs but it's going quick. I hope to have another box or two to release in another month or two.

Hey all,

I had to cancel an order and because of that we currently have one full pound of Citra left! I don't expect it to last long and we do have a few 2oz packs left as well, just a heads up in case someone missed out!

WOW! We got about a month's worth of orders in 2 days. After processing orders and sending them to our warehouse I was able to add another 10 pounds of each Citra and Simcoe in 2oz packs, so if you missed out not to worry there are still 2oz packs for you! Thanks for the incredible response, we were about out of full pounds within approximately 1 hour from the beginning of the offering Saturday at 10am MST.

darn! missed the simcoe rush. Oh well, i guess i'll have to make due with my 1 pound of Citra and 8 ounces of Warrior. :p

I was having trouble locating some Citra, thanks man!

:mug:

I missed out on the simacoe as well :(. I am looking forward to the next offering and I'm glad your business is going well.

I missed out on the simacoe as well :(. I am looking forward to the next offering and I'm glad your business is going well.

We're actually going to have full pounds of Simcoe again in a few days. It'll be $37.50/lb, no 2oz packs just full pounds. We have Amarillo for the same price in stock and online now and Citra at $35/lb.

Thanks for the update :)

No problem, all three have actually been up for just over a week now. We have a good amount but it's still going fast and I don't expect it to last us until the next harvest and right now I do not have a guarantee that I will be getting any Amarillo at all from the 2012 crop.

how well do these stored 2011 hops last?

A few of the packs I got from Niko had lost vacuum, but I always pre-portion them into 2oz packs anyways.

I would invest in a Foodsaver -- either the bags or jars -- really doesn't matter. Good storage requires vacuuming as much oxygen as possible out and keeping it at low temperatures to slow the degradation of the hops.

If you can vacuum seal and store in a freezer, hop degradation should be minimal -- or if you want specifics, -0.6%AA per year based on ProMash's degradation tool for a 10%AA hop.

Back