You know you're a home brewer when?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No no guys, I said I'm moving my homebrewing stuff. You should have brought the BIG truck...

ForumRunner_20130624_121856.jpg

;-)

When you buy beer because you like the bottles and the beer is just a plus.

Sometimes the beer isn't even a plus. I've bought Corona because I wanted clear pry-offs. If I'd known that Stella was coming out with their Cidre, I'd have waited. I keep giving Baltika a chance, though their Hefe isn't half bad.

Sometimes the beer isn't even a plus. I've bought Corona because I wanted clear pry-offs. If I'd known that Stella was coming out with their Cidre, I'd have waited. I keep giving Baltika a chance, though their Hefe isn't half bad.

I will use clear or green glass on occasion. But why on earth you actually seek it out???

Southern tier iniquity, last few beers with my drinkin buddy. Unfortunately she is being put down tomorrow after we've had her for 12 years

View attachment 131003

I don't care if it is the wrong forum,... it's always sad when you loose a good buddy. I've been through it a few times and can understand how you feel.

I'll have a beer for the two of you when I get off work in the morning.

pb

When your board at work at draw a hop then decide to add to it all day during work. I'm on a very boring job on the CBC this week so there might be a hand full more drawings, a dumb ass at work decided to ruin our cell phone privilege so no more HBT during the day and its made the day slow as sh't

Edit I tried to flatten it as best I could but was doing yard work an forgot it was in my pocket

image-1929928958.jpg

This happened to me yesterday.

Thought to myself that it had been a while since I put a commercial offering in my keezer. Decided I wanted to do so, but since I currently have 6 full kegs lined up and only 3 taps, I do not have space, an open tap, or the ability to drink that much homebrew to clear some space for one. And on top of it all my ferm chamber is full of kegs. I guess I need to throw a party or something to open up my pipeline a little.

When at work you figure up how many personal days are built up that you will loose at the end of the year if you don't take them. (10) And you plan out several strategic days to take off so you have extended weekends for major brewing time, and while spilling this to SWMBO, and before you get to mention the fact that these are free brewing days a light goes off in her head,... "So now we will have time to go somewhere, alone for a few days every couple of weeks! Good deal!"
And you feel the rest of the day is ruined, not to mention, many others.

That just went down here.:mad:

pb --- Note to self: Keep yer friggin mouth shut, unless filling it with beer! Dambit!!!

...When you get into philosophical arguments over brewing processes. Hey,books have changed because of these ongoing experiences...:drunk:

When you run out of coffee and decide to batch sparge the french press for the 2nd runnings...which is exactly what I'm attempting to do right now.

I have a one cup french press here at work. I am a 2 cup a day drinker (at work, dont have coffee otherwise). Instead of cleaningout the old before brewing my second cup I just add to the grounds and second running the original beans. It works.

I have a one cup french press here at work. I am a 2 cup a day drinker (at work, dont have coffee otherwise). Instead of cleaningout the old before brewing my second cup I just add to the grounds and second running the original beans. It works.

capping a parti-gyle

When you run out of coffee and decide to batch sparge the french press for the 2nd runnings...which is exactly what I'm attempting to do right now.

When you feel the need to report back to HBT about your second running french press experiment, and confirm what a fellow HBTer has said about the subject...

It really does work. It was a quality bean/roast, and the taste was still very pleasant, just noticeably less concentrated which is fine for my 4th & 5th cup. Gotta get my efficiency up next time!

You store coffee grounds in unused swing-top bottles because you don't have any air tight containers that are not capped bottles of homebrew.

While writing the employee handbook at work, Every time you mean to write "termination" you start writing "fermentation."

Think I've got tomorrows brew day on my mind?

When you think up new lyrics to songs to fit home brewing. I got brew day on my mind! Gunna have fun in the brewery! Be with my beer,she's so pretty. She looks fine tonight,she is outta site to me! Tonight! I'll spend my bread! Tonight! I'll loose my head! I gotta brew tonight...Monday I got brew day on my mind... Old Earthquake song,Friday on my mind. Used to hear that one after listening to the world's only get down man,Mr Murray Saul.

Last edited by a moderator:
You are filling your 5-gallon jugs with water for brewing at a roadside springwater stand, which is next to the local beer distributor. You see customers walking out with Miller Lite and Milwaukee's Best and you just feel sorry for them.

Schmoogdaddy said:
You are filling your 5-gallon jugs with water for brewing at a roadside springwater stand, which is next to the local beer distributor. You see customers walking out with Miller Lite and Milwaukee's Best and you just feel sorry for them.

That's awesome. I wish I had a spring like that where I live

Gotta change the shipping adress to a family member on an order so your yeast will be fresh and healthy for you return from vaca brew day

When at work you figure up how many personal days are built up that you will loose at the end of the year if you don't take them. (10) And you plan out several strategic days to take off so you have extended weekends for major brewing time, and while spilling this to SWMBO, and before you get to mention the fact that these are free brewing days a light goes off in her head,... "So now we will have time to go somewhere, alone for a few days every couple of weeks! Good deal!"

pb --- Note to self: Keep yer friggin mouth shut, unless filling it with beer! Dambit!!!
Oh, I don't know. You might get some hot nookie out of it. It's not beer, but...:D

Assuming LG's comment hasn't changed your perspective, you've now learned to schedule your personal days in the middle of the week.

Be advised - you may get quizzed by the wife as to why you didn't coordinate schedules with her. Have something important at work going on Mondays and Fridays, because "I wanted to brew" isn't going to cut it. I learned that the hard way.

Assuming LG's comment hasn't changed your perspective, you've now learned to schedule your personal days in the middle of the week.

Be advised - you may get quizzed by the wife as to why you didn't coordinate schedules with her. Have something important at work going on Mondays and Fridays, because "I wanted to brew" isn't going to cut it. I learned that the hard way.

No the,"hot nookie", comment is null, as I get what I need if I just wait and let her get to feeling the need. Then I can't turn it off!:ban:

And trust me,... She'll never know I have any extra time off until that day is here!:rockin:

pb --- Gotta go! It's brew day!!!!:mug::mug::mug:

When your SWMBO friend asks your 4 year old what he's getting your wife for her birthday and he says nothing my dad made her beer

... you get a "boil notice" from the municipal Water Department and immediately reach for the brew pot and a carboy.

...you don't trash anything until critically reviewing its usability as a brew rig component.

...you wire a dryer outlet to the kitchen (for an E-brewery)

Back