Baltimore, MD pubs, bars, restaurants.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jtd6628

Reaction score
Hello I have a job driving to Baltimore and staying over night 4 times a week was looking for some help learning the must go to pubs clubs and bars, as well as restaurants. Any suggestions would be appreciated because I will probably be getting to my hotel at 3 pm tomorrow afternoon.

Hello I have a job driving to Baltimore and staying over night 4 times a week was looking for some help learning the must go to pubs clubs and bars, as well as restaurants. Any suggestions would be appreciated because I will probably be getting to my hotel at 3 pm tomorrow afternoon.
My brother lives in Baltimore and 2 places he talks about a lot are ale Marys and heavy seas brewpub. I've eaten at chaps pit beef and I recommend it.

Maxs in fells point has 100 on tap and probably 400 bottles. I would start there and explore that neighborhood. A few miles away is Hudson street stack house which has about 30 taps and is always the first in the city to have troegs mad elf( my favorite winter beer). Mahaffeys which is 200 yards from stack house is really good as well. I work in the inner harbor and suggest to anyone visiting is to not spend any time there. It is all chain restaurants and tourist traps. Pratt street ale house would be one exception.

hoppyhoppyhippo said:
My brother lives in Baltimore and 2 places he talks about a lot are ale Marys and heavy seas brewpub. I've eaten at chaps pit beef and I recommend it.

Ale Mary's is very chill. Their cuisine centers around tater tots which is becoming a Baltimore obsession for some reason. If you go there try the resurrection which is a local favorite and brewed at the brewers art in Charles village. Across the street is bad decisions which is the worst place in the city (just my opinion of course).

Brewers Art is another one that he likes. I went there once but was very drunk after Heavy Seas beer and bacon fest.

Also I'm a big sucker (but they're only open mornings during the week) for Blue Moon Cafe. Cap'n Crunch French Toast.

The three best spots (IMO) have all been mentioned already: Max's, Brewer's Art (try the fries, they rock), and Pratt St Ale House.

Back