Brewing Magazines

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I get BYO (Brew Your Own) used to pick it up from B&N, till wifey got me a subscription, it's ok and is an interesting read, your interest level depends on where your own homebrewing interests/skills lie. Others on here read Zymurgy, but I have not seen any issues yet so cannot comment.

Zymurgy is available at local stores? Thought you can only get it through the AHA. DRAFT and something from DOwn Under is available at our B&N besides BYO

Brew Your Own is great, we carry it at the shop. You would particularly enjoy the one about getting started. I like the 150 Clone Brews issue.

I picked up a copy of BYO at B&N.

mklawz, you guys still have the clone brew issue at the shop? What time on Tuesday will you be working? What other days this week?

I have a subscription to BYO. It's good reading.

I've never read Zymurgy, but only because I can't find it anywhere in town.

I maintain a subscription to BYO. It helps support interest in the hobby, and there's usually a couple good ideas, interviews and a recipe or two that I'd brew.

BYO for myself as well. The 150 Classic Clone Recipes and and the Hop Lover's Guide have been two of my favorites. I even recall reading about BM's rolling kegerator last year. I believe it was the Projects On Tap issue.

I have subscriptions to BYO and Zymurgy. I have only got one Zymurgy so far but I think I will be liking it more than BYO. I did just buy like 6 back issues of BYO though so I still like it too :)

BYO and zymurgy are both decent reads. I pick one or the other depending on what looks good in them that month. Like someone else has said I usually end up getting BYO more times than not.

You guys have better bookstores than I have. I haven't found any beer magazines at any store other than a LHBS around here. Eighteen gazillion different WINE magazines, but not a single beer magazine.

You guys have better bookstores than I have. I haven't found any beer magazines at any store other than a LHBS around here. Eighteen gazillion different WINE magazines, but not a single beer magazine.

Look in the hobby section at BAM all the way on the lowest rack in the back. That's where I find BYO and BEER. Still searching for Zymurgy.

I picked up the 150 clones issue from my local HBS today. I will have to try some!!!

I want to try the Warstiener. I can't wait for some one to clone Sam Adams Oktober fest!

I picked up the 150 clones issue from my local HBS today. I will have to try some!!!

which shop? I must have missed ya, I got there at 4.

The clone mag is great. I can tell you that the Bells Two Hearted recipe is awesome. There are a bunch of recipes I want to try, Ive been eying the Youngs Double Chocolate Stout. In fact I just picked up some chocolate extract at the Spice House in Geneva.

Zymurgy comes with an AHA membership, but you can buy it at the store if you can find it. Every other month.

Haven't read either in forever, but just joined AHA, so Z should be coming soon. As I recall, I think I preferred BYO better of the two.

which shop? I must have missed ya, I got there at 4.

The clone mag is great. I can tell you that the Bells Two Hearted recipe is awesome. There are a bunch of recipes I want to try, Ive been eying the Youngs Double Chocolate Stout. In fact I just picked up some chocolate extract at the Spice House in Geneva.

I went to the St. Charles Shop. These last few Tuesdays it has been alot more convenient to go in the early afternoon. Next time I come in I will try to make it when you are there.

Brewing Techniques is by far the BEST magazine for brewing, IMO, period!

It's out of production, of course, but you can get back issue ordered online.

Back