How many batches have you brewed?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrianTheBrewer

Reaction score
I am new to most of this brewing process and see some people have been on this website for a long time. Was just wondering how many batches all of you have brewed over time. Myself and friends just brewed #3 and we are going on #4 soon.

I'm coming up on #25 in 13 months. I'll be on pace for about 30+ batches this year though. Its all about learning for me. I don't feel like any batch is a waste because there's always something to learn...

You know, I honestly have no idea at all. When I started, I guess I really never thought I'd stay in the hobby very long, so I took good notes but never really kept track of how many batches I made. I guess I could go back over the notes I made and see if I could figure it out. Then, about a year and a half ago, I started using brewing software, so some of my notes are just in Beersmith.

I could make a wild guess, though, since I brew about every other week, and say I make 30 batches or so a year. And of course, I make wine whenever I get the urge, so maybe last year I bottled 50 gallons of wine? I really never thought about it. I wish I would have written down each batch in a list, but I never did.

So, my wild guess is maybe 100- 150 separate batches of beer and maybe 30 batches of different wines?

I made 6 batches way back when. Then this January, I picked back up. Total 7 batches of mead, 2 cyser, 1 apfelwein, 1 peach wine, 3 beer's,
So that makes an even 20,
I hope that before Friday, we get to make a Dunkelweizen and SWMBO's new wine kit.

YooperBrew said:
You know, I honestly have no idea at all. When I started, I guess I really never thought I'd stay in the hobby very long, so I took good notes but never really kept track of how many batches I made. I guess I could go back over the notes I made and see if I could figure it out. Then, about a year and a half ago, I started using brewing software, so some of my notes are just in Beersmith.

I could make a wild guess, though, since I brew about every other week, and say I make 30 batches or so a year. And of course, I make wine whenever I get the urge, so maybe last year I bottled 50 gallons of wine? I really never thought about it. I wish I would have written down each batch in a list, but I never did.

So, my wild guess is maybe 100- 150 separate batches of beer and maybe 30 batches of different wines?
You have brewed more in two years than I have brewed in 13+ years!
I would estimate I've brewed about 30 or 40 batches during that time.
I drink the beer mostly myself so it stacks up if I brew too much.

It's been a little over 2 yrs. for me and the recipe file has 31 files, so somewhere around that figure although I am certain I forgot a few.

I've got 32 session files for my own beers, but they don't go all the way back to when I started. I don't keep session files for my 'contract' brews once they are finished and out of my hands so I'm not sure how many of those (probably almost the same number give or take a few).

I joined HBT last august, lurked reading and learning till brewing 1st batch in september. we have done 14 batches so far.
and my thanks go out to the people here, I can now make damn good beer!

Evan! said:
64 batches in 20 months.

Are you counting every carboy filled as one batch? Or are you doing on average 3to 4 seperate boils a month? your an animal if its the latter!!!

If its the first then i would like to double my initial batch count to 6 this year so far.

Reverend JC said:
Are you counting every carboy filled as one batch? Or are you doing on average 3to 4 seperate boils a month? your an animal if its the latter!!!

If its the first then i would like to double my initial batch count to 6 this year so far.

Well, I only do 5 gallon batches (except for one 10-gal of the 888RIS that landhoney and I split up), so, yeah, every carboy filled is its own boil.

I guess that makes me an animal.
kaos-animal-tiger-smiley-6227.gif

I started about 4 years ago and took a year off to build my system I brew 12-14 gallon batches and since I finished the system I have brewed around 300+ gallons or more
JJ

I've done 22 batches of beer and two batches of cider, although the second "batch" was two carboys worth. I'm about to do my first double sized batch of beer this week, which will be interesting to say the least.

6 batches in my first 35 days of homebrewing.

I would probably be doing batch 7 soon if i could drink enough to free up the bottles that I will need.:D

When I started I brewed every week. Now I guess I average three brews a month. Around 45 batches brewed, just guessing.

Keeping in mind that I am doing mostly extract batches that I "modify" for my own tastes, so it takes me a lot less time to brew than those who do AG... I have done 24 brews, 6 of which were double batches, plus 2 batches of Apfelwien.

Oh yeah, I pitched my first yeast on 28th December 2007, so roughly 11 weeks ago

Soulive said:
Thats an average over once a week :rockin:
Heh..heh..

Yeah. If I get a week off of work, I'll brew 2-3 times.

A lot of weekends I like to knock out a batch of a house ale on Friday night and then on Sunday when I have all day to putter around the brewshop maybe do a 5-gallon batch of IPA or something a bit more "special".

Back