Need help with brewery name

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soulive

Reaction score
The label billpa and I are developing includes a Jeep. I will post the rough idea Bill came up with as soon as I get his approval. As far as the name goes, I'm thinking something like All Terrain Brewing or Off The Trail Brewing. Any ideas/comments are appreciated...

tjwheels said:
How about the jeep doing some rock climbing and call the brewery - Rock Hop'n Brewery

That's good but I think I'd use that for beer name. Like Rock Hoppin Rye or something, thanks...

Put "Brewery," "Brewing," etc. on the end of any of these:

Busted Headlight
Mudjumper
Roadmaker
Low Gear
Stick Shift
Bent Metal
Big Bump
Rollbar

End of the Trail Brewing Co.
or Trails End Brewing.
And Endless possibilities for brew names.

Busted axle Ale.
Wench Cable Wizen
Slick Rock Bock
Double Turn
Bead Lock Bock
Air Down Brown
Roll Over Red.
The Blind Judge
Tip Me Over Sally.
:cross:

I'm still liking Back Country Brewing the best, but here is the rough image for more thought...

hacklebarney.jpg

Bobby_M said:
There's already a back country. Google it.

I saw that but they're Backcountry (one word) Brewery. I figured I could get away with Back Country BrewING. Too close for comfort?

I'm not a lawyer, but I've done some trademark stuff. IMO, yes, that's too close. The decision is based around whether the name's similarity would cause confusion in the marketplace. That would.

But if you're talking about homebrew, don't worry about it. Trademark law only applies to commercial interests. (Also, if the OTHER guy is only a homebrewer, you win if you're first to market.)

Repeat: Not a lawyer.

I'm not a lawyer, but I've done some trademark stuff. IMO, yes, that's too close. The decision is based around whether the name's similarity would cause confusion in the marketplace. That would.

But if you're talking about homebrew, don't worry about it. Trademark law only applies to commercial interests. (Also, if the OTHER guy is only a homebrewer, you win if you're first to market.)

Repeat: Not a lawyer.

That makes sense and stinks for me. Ok, I guess I'm back to square one...:mad:

Well. Square two, anyway. Still got the great graphic. Take another look at the names people posted, maybe there's something there for you. I'm sure we can give you some more, too, if you want.

Open Country Brewing
Open Road Brewing
Open Range Brewing
Mud Flap Brewing
Wild Country Brewing
Wild Ride Brewing
Splattered Bug Brewing
4 X 4 Brewing

I like it! The real question is if you do.

It has a good counter culture ring, homebrew mystique and all that.

Just as long as you don't call it Broke Back Trail Brewing.

BP, I like Back Trail but obviously not as much as the earlier mentioned (taken) ones. Just remember BP, I can't quit you...

brokeback_wideweb__470x299,0.jpg

< r.i.p. heath ledger >

Back