Handy Acronyms...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FITSB:Fire It Till She Boils
DTT: Damn The Torpedoes
HMFIC: Head Mo-Fo In Charge
GWTFP: Get With The F-ing Program

Here's acouple I came up with,& another member & I discussed;
AE=All Extract
E/SG=Extract with specialty grains (although this one does sound like E Super Gas)
PB/PM BIAB= Partial Boil,Partial Mash Brew In A Bag (descriptive of my current process)

These are helpful. But what about the :words:? I see :mug: a lot and it seems a friendly sign off of sorts, but I'm a bit lost.

ohhhhhhh. Now that I look on my computer I see the smiley faces. The iPhone app doesn't translate that one. Ignore me.

I am still a fan of the age old redneck acronym of DRT for Dead Right There. It just seems to describe the situation so effectively.

This one is very popular here in Southern Brazil:

RTFP = Read The F**kig Palmer

rtfp_shirt.jpg

Sorry I'm not going to read 117 pages so Has anybody posted DILLIGAF? If not then here it is "Does It Look Like I Give A F**k?"

Ladies and gentlemen of the forum,

I'm not trying to be an ass, but is there actually a concise list of home brewing relevant acronyms somewhere? Believe it or not, trying to wade through 18 pages of self-gratifying "wit" isn't as helpful to the new brewer as one might think.

If not, might one be added? If this thread is all there is, possibly consider removing it from the BBBF (Beginners Beer Brewing Forum)?

Back