Add more yeast or just leave it??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SATXbrew

Reaction score
Hey everyone! Ok, so I wanted some feedback about what I should do with this beer. I made a Irish Red that I wanted to be strong and hoppy so I made a grain bill that got me OG of 1076. I pitched 2 viles of WL Irish Ale yeast and now its at 1026 about 3 weeks in. I am pretty sure its about done fermenting. I swirled it around a bit last week and took another reading today and it didnt go down much.

Wanted to know if you think I should just leave it as is or maybe try to get the gravity down more. I dont want it to be too sweet and I really wanted the ABV to be more around 7-8%. Its close to that at 6.5% now. Should I call it finished and keg it up or make modification?

Thanks for the help!

Take readings is the best policy if you take samples once a week after visible sign of ferm have stopped. If you hit the same fg lets just say 1.019 over and over then chances are its done. Just let it be for a another week or two if its still at the same fg then sadly its done. No worries in the end you still have beer to drink.

Back