refinishing commericial beer taps

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

starrfish

Reaction score
new_tap_handle.jpg

Got 2 of these. silver base is ok, logo has to go. originally planned on sanding and masking and going black spray paint, but if I can remove logo may leave silver paint next to chrome. suggestions?

I did this with an old bud tap. I used this paint thinner/remover goo from local hardware store. Just let it sit for awhile with it on there then washed it clean. After it dried I sanded it down with sandpaper. Then I hit it with a quick shot of primer then spray painted desired color. Looks legit now.

FYI I can't think of the name of that goo but I left some of the liquid that I soaked the taps in a piece of plastic shelving that I removed from my refrigerator and it ate through the plastic. Made it like hard caramel consistency.

is the logo a sticker/decal? if so I used goo gone to remove the crappy factory stick on pin stripes on my car and the paint was not damaged at all.

taps_stone_curing.jpg

Masked Chrome, Sanded to roughen surface, painted black. Didn't Like Black AT ALL!

Remasked and tried a stone finish spray paint, which is curing now.

Still needs some artistic touch, may paint a star on one and a fish on the other (STARRFISH). not sure, yet but liking the stone finish much better.

These where cheap ebay plastic specials... I need to shim each female thread with craft foam inserts to get them to align right on tap. 1 is close the other is pretty far off center. buyer beware.

stoned_taps.jpg

crappy cell pic.

Back