need recipe with these hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishnuttoo

Reaction score
looking for apa, pale ale

1 oz fuggle
1.5 oz columbus
.5 oz galena
1.4 oz cent
1 0z cascade
1.9 oz magnum
2 oz willamete
6 oz e kent goldings

i like hoppy, and malty. on a crisp marris otter kick...

leftover hops need using
thanx in advance

Ca hop would be start with magnum at begin of boil, and a mix of ctz, cent or cascade to aroma from 15 to 5 min. For a english one, start with fuggle/willamette to bitter and ekg to flavor. For a hoppy aroma, try and match you bittering ibus with your aroma ibus (for example, if you get 20 bu from your bittering, get at least 20 from aroma additions) for good hop aroma. Couldn't tell you about malts without knowing what you have

"Aroma IBUs"? What on earth is that? :confused:

APA, bitter with any of the American high-alpha varieties. I'd use the Columbus, and finish with Cascades and Centennial by blending them and adding equal amounts with 20 minutes left to boil and at flameout.

EPA, bitter with Magnum and finish with EKG or Fuggles.

Cheers,

Bob

I just brewed an IPA using both high alpha American and lower alpha English varieties. Went for a blend of earthy and floral for my flavor and aroma additions. It's all about what you like in your hop profile, but there's alot you can do with those hop varieties.
Also, I wouldn't recommend using the magnums for anything other than bittering. They're a great bittering hop, but I've been told that they can lend a garlicy flavor/aroma if used late.

Bitter with part of the centennial, then flavor with willamette, aromatize with cascade, and dryhop with the remainder of the centennial (or the cascade, your pick).

Use some base grain with caravienne and wheat, and top with WLP american ale blend. Instant classic.

PS: also, mash at 154-155 to give some body, since you mentioned malty.

for flavoring, i blend willamette and cascade. started doing this a long time ago, and it goes over well. maybe magnum for bittering, blend 1/2 oz each willamette and cascade at 20, and cent for aroma. sierra nevada uses cent for aroma in some of theirs, and it works well. then the other 1/2 oz cascade for dry-hop

Back