Ride the Ladies of Massachusetts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no, that hasn't been spoke-en for.
But if your arse is hurtin', I'll refrain from asking.

(And no more intibating references).

sorry i didnt get over there in the rain. And I'm stuck getting ready for the Miss Saigon show that starts rehersals tomorrow (my emboucher aint'nt ready no-how.)

Steve hasn't played trombone in a DECADE, and was convinced he could play this dang show - 2 hours a night, LOUD!
um, why do I get these sharp, spikey pains in my chops?? (DUH!)

damn, the girls look cute on stage in their underwear. I'd buy a bike mirror and clamp it on my horn, but I'd miss a whole lotta notes.

ok, I missed THAT one while I was writing it!

(although if I'm clamping on a bike mirror, it's not because it's EASY ... more the opposite!)

comic2-810.png

New bike day for the family! Bean and I finally got some new rides. Not a prayer in hell I'll be venturing across the state, but looking forward to getting some miles under me.

I went out for the first time in probably a decade last weekend. Not sure how long the round trip was - maybe 10 miles? - but the first couple miles were almost straigh uphill, going up the mountain.

FELT LIKE I WAS DYING. I'm pretty sure I could taste my lungs bleeding. Could almost hear them screaming, two muffled little voices from inside my chest, "WHAT THE F*CK IS THIS SH*T?!?!"

In other words, I'm out of shape.

I went out for the first time in probably a decade last weekend. Not sure how long the round trip was - maybe 10 miles? - but the first couple miles were almost straigh uphill, going up the mountain.

FELT LIKE I WAS DYING. I'm pretty sure I could taste my lungs bleeding. Could almost hear them screaming, two muffled little voices from inside my chest, "WHAT THE F*CK IS THIS SH*T?!?!"

In other words, I'm out of shape.

Best part of going up is the going down after.

I actually rode tonight! I did 8.4 miles before dinner, then a 17.8 miler late night. Woohoo!

ooops-erz!

yeah, i kneed to get over there, doezent me.

hey watz yer schedge tomorrow (tues 25th) afternoon/evening?

Didn't get on the bike this weekend, but finally got off my ass and climbed Mt. Greylock for the first time. Ended up on the wrong trail, too; didn't mean to climb the "aggressive" Thunderbolt Trail. ****ing thing is crazy. 45° incline for a huge chunk of it. If I didn't already know that PTN was bat****-****ing insane, seeing this damn thing (which he skiied down this winter) was proof enough for me. Killed me lungs on the way up and my knees on the way down.

Meant to ride into the office on Sunday, but no freakin' way, legs were still shot.

My left knee is shot. While Alice and I were in Iceland we hiked in the the Solheimajokull Glacier. Now way was I getting that close to the glacier without climbing on it a bit so we hiked alongside it until we could scramble down. (We, in this case meaning me, Alice quite sensibly demanded the car keys before I started down the really freakin' steep embankment.) Some loose scree slid out on me and I took a little ride on my ass for 30-40 feet and wrenched my left knee. Nothing serious, it's just a little sore. Actually, it's a lot sore.
I haven't felt up to getting on the bike since we got home, I want to let it recover. Maybe I'll give it a try this afternoon.

PTN

hey, Paul, is your knee any better? At least it's better than my ex-electric-wussy-chainsaw!!!!!

Ya, that chainsaw was a POS, wasn't it? For those of you who missed the show Monkee came by my place and took a chainsaw to one of the tree stumps in my back yard in order to cut himself out a hunk of naturally curved wood to use for knees in a boat he's building. Watching him try to cut thru a huge hunk of maple with what was essentially an electric toothbrush was HIGHLY entertaining.

Good thing you came when you did Monkee, my pal Drunken came the next day with his tractor and a flatbed trailer and now all the stumps are gone and the whole area got York raked. It almost looks like a yard again. Just need the grass seed to germinate.

As far as my knee goes, I'm on the mend. I only limp after I've been on it for a full day. I'll be on the bike this week

PTN

Well, Nursee,

I'm glad to hear that your knee is better. If it doesn't improve, we can swap it out for a maple knee. What's the news on those strawberries? p.s. the books have been fun reading.

Hey Hippie!

How you doing, Man? I've been riding a bit but honestly, it has been too freakin' hot. Sorry but I'm not going out and doing hard physical excersise in 90 + degree heat. I don't want to croak. I have been making up for it by watching the TDF. Does that count?

On vacation starting in 5 hours and 52 minutes. Not that I'm counting or anything.

PTN

I believe I told you in July that I have been off my bike since I left it will my other gear in NC. I may start riding a friends bike after I do a little work on it. I had been maintaining a static weight, but recently that may have changed, I don't how the calories burned working are intersecting with the calories added from all the extra beers I can buy with my new found money:eek:

Thankfully, this week will be warm enough to venture out without fearing frostbite :p

Hope things are good, and say Hi to the Mrs.
Hippie

Just got back from Europe late last night. I'm planning on pulling the bike out of the cellar after I finish mowing the lawn, but given the way the yard looks that might take till Thursday.

I got a lot of miles to peddle this year. Scheduled myself for a bunch of hours at my part time job with the goal of picking up a Madrone early this season.

PTN

Latest posts

Back