• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB/WTT: Stone Vertical Epic

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cliffhanger1821

Reaction score
I have an extra 09.09.09, 10.10.10, and two 11.11.11's of Stone Vertical Epic. Looking to trade for anything prior to 07.07.07 (I have 07 and 08 already). Also, if you happen to have any extra 02, 03, 04, 05, or 06 VE you are willing to sell me, please PM with price. Looking to have as close to a complete collection before the big day to split with friends.
dscf0794r.jpg

What's the significance of the 02?

First one in the series and in theory, the most rare.

IMO, no beer is worth what people are selling that beer for (especially given the gamble on how it's been stored for 10 years and how it's kept even if stored well). But if I had one... I'm sure I'd sell it if someone wanted to pay what people seem to be willing to pay.

First one in the series and in theory, the most rare.

Most definitely the most rare. I don't know the exact numbers, but I've heard from the brewery that the 02 was a very small batch because at the time, this seemed like a really crazy idea, and they had no idea if it was going to take off or flop. It wasn't until 03, after seeing the idea accepted, and the limited supplies of 02 snapped up, that they stepped up to a more normal size production run.

Going rates now seem to be in the neighborhood of $20 for the later years, $30 to $35 for the mid years, $45 for the early years, and the '02 is whatever the market will bear. I'll tell you this: I have a standing bid for all the 02 I can deliver at $250 per bottle. I'm not taking it because I know with patience, I can do better. As I said, I just sold one for $450.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back