Brinkman gas smoker

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

malkore

Reaction score
So this past winter I ruined 14lb of pork butt because the burner on my brinkman gas smoker when south.

specifically it wasn't getting hot enough, tons of yellow flame and soot. I've monkey with it and no amount of regulator or gas/air mixing is helping it, and turning the burner flame up/down doesn't do much either.

I can replace the burner for $25 (bout $159 for a new smoker at home depot)...but do you guys think there might be debris inside the burner tube? is it worth it to pull it and blow air through it?

i can't visually see rust or holes on it, so that's why i'm thinking i might have something (spider webs?) blocking it.

or do these cheaper units just need a new burner every few years? I've have this one at least 3 years, used it plenty and it lives outside.

You can try to ream out the orifices on the burners with a guitar string to make sure you don't have any blockages.
Spiders are a big culprit.

Well 60psi in the business end did something...because after doing that a tiny little white thing fell out. I'm guessing it was once a larger web or egg sack, but suffice to say after reinstallation the burner seems to be back to normal now!

So these pork ribs are gonna get smoked tomorrow after all (they were on sale so if it starts throwing soot I won't be out $25 of pork)

Realized I never posted back...I did smoke the ribs on 7-16, and they were great! my rub was too salty, but aside from that, super tender and tastey.

Back