beer cheese recipe anyone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you get your beer cheese recipe? I've got one we make a lot, very good, and if you still need one let me know.

In case anyone else is interested, here's our beer cheese recipe:
1 bottle homebrew set at room temp until flat. I like an amber or Irish red not too heavy on hops (variation: if you like a bit of wine flavor, which we do, make it 3/4 bottle homebrew and about 4 oz red wine)
1 lb extra sharp cheddar (Swiss works, or jack, but extra sharp is my preference)
2 cloves crushed garlic
1/4 tsp hot sauce
1/4 tsp worchestershire
dash each of salt, freshly ground pepper, cayenne and onion powder
Grate cheese and add it and all dry ingredients to food processor. pulse until mixed. Then with processor on low slowly add liquids until well blended. store in fridge in air tight container.

Veng.... We make a goat milk feta and blending a bit of that in works well. Our Super Bowl version of the beer cheese recipe is to eliminate the wine and double everything else (2 bottles of beer, 2 lbs of cheese, etc) PLUS 3/4 cup of your favorite salsa. We also like a beer salad dressing recipe that I'll post another time.

dang, I like Feta too.
Used a whole lot of spicy things not having immediate access to those elusive Ghost peppers. Wife made some humorous gestures which apparently didn't mean "man this stuff rocks!" as she raced for a glass of milk. Hmm, more pepper maybe.
I am hooked, thanks Roylee!

You must have jacked it up a bunch... 1/4 tsp hot sauce and a dash of cayenne in a pound of cheese and bottle of beer gives it a zip, but I've never seen it send anyone dashing for relief. Glad you liked it...sorry about the wife.

Veng, you sound like a man after my own heart. I would love to take Roylee's recipe and add a bit more heat to it. The addition of red wine also sounds great.

Back