Cheap and Easy Wine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digdan

Reaction score
Pinching dollars and I got nothing in my carboys, woe is me.

Whats a really cheap and yummy wine I can do? I don't care about time to age since I have soo many carboys empty.

Well you're going to have to buy the sugar, so factor in that cost. Ditto the yeast. If you want "cheap", then pick whatever berries or fruits are available locally for free. Failing that, look for whatever fruit juices are on sale at Wal Mart. You can make a really decent wine from fruit juice.

nm, found 4 gallons of apple juice at Cash and Carry for $16. Thats well into my budget :)

Local wally world has their store brand apple juice (or some type of apple blend with other fruits which slip my mind) at $16/6 gallons. add some sugar and yeast and you're set. :)

Sour cherries make especially good wine! Blackberry wine is also a favorite of mine. It's too late now, but dandelion wine is pretty cheap to make. Welch's grape juice makes a pretty good concord grape wine, and their 100% Niagara grape juice makes a nice white wine.

I just posted an Ad in craiglist saying I'll pick fruit from anyones trees or bushes to prevent a mess during the fall.

Already have two replies. 3 Plum Trees and 2 Apple trees :) This might be the cheapest yet.

I just posted an Ad in craiglist saying I'll pick fruit from anyones trees or bushes to prevent a mess during the fall.

Already have two replies. 3 Plum Trees and 2 Apple trees :) This might be the cheapest yet.

Thats a pretty good idea. I might have to try that sometime.

Back