2000 Alesmith Grand Cru

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2000 Alesmith Grand Cru! Past Prime or Ready to Drink?

• Past Prime

• Ready to Drink

Results are only viewable after voting.

thdewitt

Reaction score
So, I just found these two bottles sitting in my wine cellar. Do you think they have passed their prime.

BeerPhoto

Picasa Web Albums - what - Beer Photo

:tank:

I just have to reiterate my insane jealousy on this. I will not stop thinking about this thread until it has come to a conclusion. Alesmith is seriously the best, and that's from a different era altogether. It might be past its prime, but if you've been properly cellaring it, I think it has a chance at being good still. And you're by the coast, so you're in a moderate climate regardless.

This batch was actually prior to Peter owning Alesmith. This was when skip was still the owner I believe. I may have to send you an email when I am ready to drink this as no one I know has the ability to appreciate these bottles

Yes, please. Also, if you wanted to trade something for one, I'd be game. Alesmith for Alesmith, maybe? I have an 07 Barrel Aged Speedway in my closet. :)

That could be risky, we don't even know for sure if they are still good. I assume they are though as the Grand Cru should be as good as it gets.

That could be risky, we don't even know for sure if they are still good. I assume they are though as the Grand Cru should be as good as it gets.

I'm willing to take the risk. :) And I've got two bottles of this, so I figured it wouldn't be a total loss either way. I'd be out 20 bucks. Not a big deal at all.

Latest posts

Back