No carbonation in my latest batch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beanersbucha

Reaction score
So I've been brewing kombucha for months now, and I am always pleased with the level of carbonation. I regularly burp my bottles and there has never been an issue.

All of a sudden in my latest batch is giving off zero carbonation. None.

I tasted the tea, and there's still sugar to be eaten.
I added fresh fruit and fruit juice as per usual.
I used three separate bottles for secondary fermentation.

What's strange is that my mother is looking healthier and stronger than ever.

What could have went wrong?

What are the temps like where the bottles are being kept?

I've noticed that as the temps outside got colder (and consequently the temps in my house) it takes much longer for my KT to carb up.

Temperature is consistent, as I live in Vancouver, and the winter has been very mild. Keep the bottle in the top shelf of a storage closet, where it's generally room temperature or warmer.

I have had no problems up until now, and I'm starting to wonder if my scoby is just not doing the trick.

I can't think of any other explanation for there being such a lack of fermentation.

Temperature is consistent, as I live in Vancouver, and the winter has been very mild. Keep the bottle in the top shelf of a storage closet, where it's generally room temperature or warmer.

I have had no problems up until now, and I'm starting to wonder if my scoby is just not doing the trick.

I can't think of any other explanation for there being such a lack of fermentation.

How old is your SCOBY? sounds like it's giving up on you :(

Back