Looking for Amber bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewerBaj

Reaction score
Are there any home brewers in Illinois that have recently upgraded to kegging their beer and are looking to get rid of some of their bottles? I am in the process of brewing my first batch and would like to keep collecting bottles so I can ave more than one beer bottled at a time. I am willing to travel or pay shipping. PM me.

Drink more!

I got a bunch of mine when I started from a local bar that serves mostly craft beers. I went in and told them what I was doing and if they could save some bottles for me. I told them I would bring a few of my home brews for their trouble. They were happy to do so.

Good luck

Thanks. I have been drinking and saving. I just bottled my first 5 gallon batch but found my first brew so enjoyable that I want to brew up another batch while waiting for bottle conditioning. I'm actually only a dozen and a half away.

Another option is to dig them out of the local recycling bin. I've done it plenty. Just soak them in bleach and water overnight to kill whatever is growing in them and then make sure you rinse them super good.

Latest posts

Back