hop schedule help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nchomebrew

Reaction score
i recently bought a couple of all grain kits from nb.
somehow they accidentally shipped a third grain bill for their number 8 recipe. sshhhhh...don't tell them.
anyways i have a few different types of hops around, and was wondering if anyone could suggest a good hop schedule to match the number 8's grains.
the grains i'm assuming is: (from their website)
10 lbs. Dingemans Pils
1.5 lbs. CaraMunich Malt

and this is what i have for hops.

2 oz williamette
2 oz columbus
1 oz cascade

also have 2 15g packs of coopers dry yeast.

i'm a fan of pale ales and ipa's if a combination could possibly produce something similar.

What's the AA% on your hops? I think you could make a pretty decent IPA with what you've got. Here's what I'd do.

2 oz. Willamette 60 min.
1 oz. Columbus 20 min.
1 oz. Columbus 5 min.
1 oz. Cascade Dry hop

Depending on your AA% this would put you around 75-80 IBU's. The Columbus and Cascade hops would make for an IPA with killer hop flavor and aroma. I'd drink that, if I could get over the guilt first. ;)

EDIT: 800th post!

I'd be more inclined to bitter with the Columbus & use the Willamette for flavor. It would be more complex.

I'd be more inclined to bitter with the Columbus & use the Willamette for flavor. It would be more complex.

That would make sense considering Columbus is generally used for bittering, but I've been somewhat enamored with it as a flavor/aroma hop recently, especially for an IPA.

Latest posts

Back