food-grade phosphoric acid

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

conpewter

Reaction score
I'm trying to re-create the Sprecher Cream Soda. It has High Fructose Corn Sugar (I'll be using table sugar). Malto-dextrin for mouth feel, Honey, phosphoric acid (for bite), and of course vanilla and other flavors.

I won't get a replica of Sprechers (Unless I buy their 1 gallon mixes for $20), but I want to make something that is mine, but inspired by theirs. Once I get the base down with the above mentioned items, I'll start adding other flavorings to taste.

Does anyone know where to get food-grade phosphoric acid? I know it is something I will need to be extremely careful with. I will be researching how to work with it properly and I have a chemistry teacher friend that will be helping me out as well.

I don't know where to get the phosphoric acid, but I do know that if you call the Specher's brewery gift shop directly at (414) 964-2739 they will sell you the gallon jugs of concentrate for $14 a gallon.

Back