This is getting frustrating

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zacster

Reaction score
I have my 3rd batch in the primary, one in the secondary, and one in bottles (see signature below), and no beer to drink! I have no doubt that they will all turn out just fine, but waiting is beginning to get to me. I tried one of the bottled lagers and it just isn't ready yet, only 1 1/2 weeks so far. It had a slight banana/ester taste to it that it didn't have when I bottled it, so I'm guessing it will go away, and if not, so be it. Until I start drinking something I'm holding off on the 4th batch. I don't have enough bottles anyway.

Just remember, it doesn't have to be perfect to be very good beer.

Well, you can solve 2 problems here by buying a case of some microbrew (I have seen Sam Adams, New Belgium, and Widmer Bros at Sam's for ~$22 here latley)

1)it gives you somthing to drink until yours are ready

2)it gets you more bottles!:mug:

Plus, if you think about it, a case of bottles is ~$12 + shipping, so all in all, you are getting a case of beer for $8! How can you beat that!:D

Just brew a lot now. If you plan ahead, you'll have more beer than you know what to do with. I have two brews ready to keg and no kegs to put them in:drunk:

deathweed said:
Well, you can solve 2 problems here by buying a case of some microbrew (I have seen Sam Adams, New Belgium, and Widmer Bros at Sam's for ~$22 here latley)

Plus, if you think about it, a case of bottles is ~$12 + shipping, so all in all, you are getting a case of beer for $8! How can you beat that!:D

Wow Deathweed! That is really sound logic and here I thought you were going to spend the entire evening doing nothing but post whoring. :p

Nurmey said:
Wow Deathweed! That is really sound logic and here I thought you were going to spend the entire evening doing nothing but post whoring. :p

There's nothing wrong with post whoring.

+1

Nurmey said:

I sobered up a little... I have to get more studying done sometime...:D

I figure that buying Grolsch in the flip top bottles is cheaper than buying the bottles by themselves. Free Beer!!! Of course, I can't stand the stuff.

I buy a lot of Brooklyn Lager/Ale/Pilsener... They make pretty good beer, but they're no longer the small brewer they were.

An interesting fact about Brooklyn Brewery is that the Matt Brewing Company (Saranac) brews a lot of their stuff on contract. So you are right, they are no longer a small brewery.

deathweed said:

This is exactly what Iv'e been doing. Works great!:mug:

zacster said:
I figure that buying Grolsch in the flip top bottles is cheaper than buying the bottles by themselves. Free Beer!!! Of course, I can't stand the stuff.

I bought a few bottles, for the bottles. Then I found I could barely drink them, so I gave up. Luckily a friend found out I was brewing and dropped off his old supply of 60 grolsch bottles. No more capping for me :)

Back