Apfelwein procedure with Welch's White Grape Cherry juice??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rashoultes

Reaction score
Has anyone tried following the Edwort's apfelwein recipe but instead of apple juice try a different juice? I have made apfelwien and really like it but at Costco this week they have Welch's White Grape Cherry juice in sale. Anyone have any recipes/ideas on how I could incorporate that into a batch as my main ingredient whether its apfelwein or regular wine.

Thanks,
Ryan

If it lacks apples, it's not Apple wine. :)

But the recipe will be alright for what you are doing. You could add energiser, or nutrients or try throwing in some golden raisins if you feel the body will be lacking. Apparently cherries take a while to age though, so that could be an issue to watch out for.

Experiment, follow your whim! It's the best way to learn!

Dicky

If it lacks apples, it's not Apple wine. :)

But the recipe will be alright for what you are doing. You could add energiser, or nutrients or try throwing in some golden raisins if you feel the body will be lacking. Apparently cherries take a while to age though, so that could be an issue to watch out for.

Experiment, follow your whim! It's the best way to learn!

Dicky

how about a couple pounds of frozen cherries?

I've never done a cherry wine, so you're better off asking Yooper.

You're first idea will work fine. I'm just saying, be prepared for the wine to take a while to taste good.

Dicky

Back