time to play the "can you name this style by the pictures" game.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mattd2 said:
Weizeneisbock?

:mug:

Was just about to give the next hint that the story supposedly goes that the commercial example was made accidentally.

And you didn't answer the bonus question!

But no matter... your turn.

Was just about to give the next hint that the story supposedly goes that the commercial example was made accidentally.

finally. now i can start guessing again.

Bonus question? must of missed that ;)
Don't have a photo of a styled beer so I thow out a lame one here
First_AG.JPG

Clue: No style guideline so RDWHA _ _ (told you it would be lame :D)
So who's next then :)

mattd2 said:
Bonus question? must of missed that ;)

The bonus question was basically just to name that beer that is pretty much the only major example of the style. :)

bottlebomber said:
Gotta give me an A for effort. Did the egg vomit smell ever go away? Man this was a hard one....

Yeah it did go away.

Btw, the funny thing is that the other guy's guess used Aventinus as the example of the beer that was cloned, and the right answer is ALSO Aventinus.

Only difference is he was talking about the normal version (weizenbock), whereas the right answer was the freeze-distilled version of that beer (weizen eisbock)... literally the exact same beer, except with water removed. It was so bizarrely close that I had actually typed up that he was right, until I realized at the very last second that he wasn't :D

not a style.

I did say in my post I had no photos of a beer to a particular style :eek:, just wanted to get things moving along again so just made it super easy to get, hence the RDWHA _ _.
Sorry if I killed the game for you :D

LVBen said:
This was my first attempt at a certain style. (The color is not right.)

Technically you're supposed to give a hint with the picture. If the picture is useless, then it's all the more important ;)

0403001448.jpg

A nice summer version of a classic style that has many regional variations. I will say that one of the main standout ingredients is honey malt... but there's another standout ingredient that's important to the style.

Meh, close enough Zwolle.

It's my Honey Orange Hefe.... and it's technically not a hefe, it's an American Wheat since adding orange makes it not a hefeweizen. I just like the alliteration it makes. Besides, "Honey Orange American Wheat" is much clumsier of a phrase.

ok, here's my really crappy pic:

4564-dsc00139.jpg

as for the clue, it has one slightly abnormal ingredient thrown into a common style.

ps-not a homebrew.

Back