Best website or WI store to get corny ball lock kegs (5 gallons)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madbird1977

Reaction score
I'm in need of two additional corny kegs and would like to get these in the next couple of weeks. Any recommendations for affordable, good, used 5 gallon corny kegs. The cheapest I've found locally (madison, wi) are $45 and online Midwest Supply for $32+ shipping = $45.

Any assistance is appreciated.

If you're willing to drive the the Rockford, IL area...Brew and Grow has cornies for sale for $35, I think. They used to sell them for $29, but I'm pretty sure it went up to $35. I'd call them before you make the drive if you decide it's worth it.

I would make sure those cheaper Corny's have the rubber ends still attached tight not them flopping bottom of the barrel crappy corny's.
Washed, pressure checked plus shipped under low pressure?
If not I would run not walk or purchase them.

If you get these, I just want to point out that they are converted pin lock kegs, and not the usual ball lock kegs most of us have. The only real difference is in the dimensions. The diameter is a bit wider, so most of what you find here about how many Cornies will fit in a kegerator or keezer will not apply to these. The posts are also unique to this outfit, so you might want to see about getting a few extras now while they are available, as the usual supply routes will not work.

That's twice the price CHI Company was charging for their 4 packs when they started selling them.
Best price I paid for 4 was $10 no tax at a used restaurant equipment supply some 8 years ago. I have an eye on one a friend will give me making 30 Corny's, enough for me.

And the price of corny kegs is only going to get higher. I purchased a bunch 18 months ago for 25ish bucks... now they are priced at 40...

And the price of corny kegs is only going to get higher. I purchased a bunch 18 months ago for 25ish bucks... now they are priced at 40...

I mentioned price increases in the future three years ago, some mentioned there were no shortages as well price increases. Time proved me right it doesn't bother me I have plenty of real Corny's stored away no Firestones or Cokes. Only one odd Coke corny that may become a future cleaning solution container due to the pins and larger diameter.
The ones that made out were the LHBS buying in bulk cheap then selling high.
I had a miss shipped tag belonging to a winery in SoCal with their cheap bulk purchase that opened my eyes what was going on when the Corny shortage supply began.

Latest posts

Back