more Wii Suggestions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knotquiteawake

Reaction score
I know someone was asking about shooters but I'm looking for some general suggestions here. My Younger brother in law gave me his old wii. It was so old the controllers didn't have that Motion Plus thing on it so I had to order a couple of those because SWMBO wanted to play Wii Sports Resort.
So far we've got:
Two controllers with with nunchucks and the motion Plus thingy
Wii Sports
Wii Sports Resort
Lego Star Wars (the complete series)

SWMBO used to really enjoy Super Smash Brothers on the N64 so we were thinking of getting the Wii version of that.

We both really liked messing around on the Dance Dance Revolution in the arcades so we want that but its almost $100 to get the game, and two pads.

Any suggestions of more Wii games that are good for my wife, who is a super casual VERY VERY VERY VERY competitive gamer and me, a Hardcore computer gamer since 1995 or so.

Must haves:
Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2
Resident Evil (the latest one)
Star Wars The Force Unleashed 2

Must haves:
Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2
Resident Evil (the latest one)
Star Wars The Force Unleashed 2

I played Super Mario Galaxy 1 when my old roommate got a wii back when you couldn't hardly find a wii anywhere and they were all backordered and such... anyways, I found the game maddening with the camera angles. Is two pretty much like 1 with more things to do? Like the gameplay is pretty much the same?

Also, I am hoping SWMBO will go for Force Unleashed 2, over 1/2 of the computer games I've owned in my life have been Star Wars related. Might have to wait until march for the birthday though.

Mario Galaxy 2 has the same crazy camera angles as 1 but they are more refined if that makes sense. I personally thought the game play was amazing.

I recently cancel my gamefly subscription because it took forever for the games to get to me, but i would recommend if you are closer to their depot.

I won a WII at an electronics show a couple of years ago, and there was only one thing to buy for it: Guitar Hero.

Mario Galaxy 1 and 2
Super Mario Brothers Wii (great for drunken multiplayer)
Zelda (first one for wii, I can't remember the name)

In the Force Unleashed, do you get to use your wii controller as a lightsaber?

If so, then sign me up! I hadn't played the wii for about a year until the other night. I soon realized why I hadn't played in that long.

My games suck. Zelda graphics are simply awful. Boom Blox was the only game that would hold my attention.

Plus, we lost our copy of wii sports. I loved the bowling and the golf on that.

Supposedly (according to FIL) the BIL is supposed to also be giving us his copy of Guitar Hero.
Super Mario Brothers Wii, i just now looked at the game trailer. That is pretty cool, i had breezed right over it when i was looking at games. I think SWMBO might like that too. Looks not so complicated.

Not really. It is kinda like a light saber but not what you think it should be. I also have a PS3 with the Move controller which we be perfect for a lightsaber, but I don't hear any talk yet from Lucasarts.

Any of the Lego games ( Batman, Indiana Jones ) are great. I also have the crossbow which comes with a cool Zelda game.

I would say yes. IMO its about as real as it gets for controlling the lightsaber with the wiimote. I thought the game rocked.

I agree with Super Mario Wii.
I also agree with standing up to play, when applicable. No point standing up to play Super Mario or Mario Kart.

If you like adventure type games like Zelda, Epic Mickey is pretty fun. The only thing I hate about it is the darned camera. Lego Harry Potter is surprisingly fun too. I've been meaning to check out the Metroid for Wii, but never got around to it.

I thought both Super Mario Galaxy games were a blast. I kind of liked 1 better because of the hub level style vs how they set up 2.

Goldeneye so far is really great. I'm using the regualr Wii remote and nunckuck. You point at the screen to control where you look and use the nunchuck to move around. I like how they didn't just redo the exact same Goldeneye from the 64 days. They totally overhauled it so that the only thing that is really the same is the story and the characters names. Bond is now Daniel Craig. The levels nod to the 64 version, but don't rip them off. This game really stands on its own. They also took away health and the life vests, although you can unlock "classic mode".

Smash Brothers is good, but not too much of a change from the Gamecube version. It doesn't really take advantage of the pointing abilities, and was made before Motion Plus came out. If you liked the Gamecube version, there is nothing you won't like about the Wii one though.

You can also download a lot of old games Nintendo, Super Nintendo, 64, Sega Genesis and even some really old stuff.

I just got the bond game and was really hoping it was a direct copy of the 64 one. I have the little pistol for the wiimote, and it sucks playing with it. I'll try with just the two controllers and will probably get the zapper.

I just got the bond game and was really hoping it was a direct copy of the 64 one. I have the little pistol for the wiimote, and it sucks playing with it. I'll try with just the two controllers and will probably get the zapper.

From what Ive read, the best gameplay is just with the wii remote and nunchuck. I've heard the zapper is cool, but you can't do certain things like peeking out from behind a corner or cover when you are crouched down. Unless you have other games lined up for the Zapper, I'd just save my money. I'm perfectly happy with the normal way.

You can also buy a classic pro controller or something like that. It has 2 analog sticks like PS3 and XBox so you can controll it like any other FPS out there now.

The only thing we use the WII for is Netflixs. For that it's pretty sweet.

Mariokart, Smash Bros, and any Rayman game. Rayman is awesome when drinking, especially with friends!

Speed Racer! It's a pretty fun racing game and much faster and interesting than you might think. Feels more like flying a jet aircraft than driving really and you can flip the car and do 360's and 180's to knock people off the track. Very psychadelic music and experience. Pretty cheap used at the game store as well. It's a sleeper ;)

I really enjoy monster hunter tri and muramasa on the wii but I'm way more of an xbox guy

+1 on the netflix streaming.

Metroid Prime Trilogy is AWESOME.

I bought the first one by it'self, and when the wind is calm you can still hear me kicking myself.

Gotta say Death Jr is pretty awesome and cheap too. I can't even play RE4 anymore because death jr blows it away as far as control and game play. That is what prompted my "shooter" thread.

Back