Beer and LHBS in Cleveland Heights

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pcollins

Reaction score
I'm going to be in Cleveland Heights next week for a week or so and wondering about any decent LHBS in the area I could check out for keg caps and/or Star San.

Also wondering about the good beer destinations in the area for food and drink. I know the Winking Lizard is there so I will be hitting that but wondering about others that I may have missed in the past.

I'll be in the neighbourhood near surrounded by Lee Rd., Cedar, Coventry and Fairmount. I'm up for walking distance (to avoid drinking and driving) but also because I won't have a car with me. I realize there my not be a LHBS that's not walkable but a colleague may take pity on me and drive me to where I need to be.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Cleveland Heights is a great area. Will you be near the Murray Hill (Little Italy) area? EDIT - just saw you will be in the Coventry area. I know there is a good wine bar with a good beer selection called La Cave Du Vin. If you are going to be walking, I'm not 100% sure there are great beer destinations that are easily reachable. The only LHBS in Cleveland is probably a 15 minute drive from where you will be in Bay Village. Its called JW Dover. Pretty sure the actual address is on the site.

If you get a car, make sure you check out the West Side Market area. Great Lakes is located there, as well as the soon to open Market Garden Brewery. Skip the food at Great Lakes, its ok, but a little over priced for what it is. If you are around on a Saturday, they give brewery tours every hour on the hour. There is also a beer bar with a great Belgian selection in the area, but I forget the name.

If you get a car, you will also want to check out Fathead's, and the Buckeye Beer Engine.

Hope this helps!

Cleveland Heights is a great area. Will you be near the Murray Hill (Little Italy) area? EDIT - just saw you will be in the Coventry area. I know there is a good wine bar with a good beer selection called La Cave Du Vin. If you are going to be walking, I'm not 100% sure there are great beer destinations that are easily reachable. The only LHBS in Cleveland is probably a 15 minute drive from where you will be in Bay Village. Its called JW Dover. Pretty sure the actual address is on the site.

If you get a car, make sure you check out the West Side Market area. Great Lakes is located there, as well as the soon to open Market Garden Brewery. Skip the food at Great Lakes, its ok, but a little over priced for what it is. If you are around on a Saturday, they give brewery tours every hour on the hour. There is also a beer bar with a great Belgian selection in the area, but I forget the name.

If you get a car, you will also want to check out Fathead's, and the Buckeye Beer Engine.

Hope this helps!

+1 to Edcculus' post

The name of the great Belgian beer bar is the Bier Market. If you're in the area, it's definitely a must stop. It's right around the corner from Great Lakes Brewery. When Mrs. Jass and I go to the West Side Market, we'll skip Great Lakes and go directly to the Bier Market.

Website

Enjoy your stay:mug:

+1 to Edcculus' post

The name of the great Belgian beer bar is the Bier Market. If you're in the area, it's definitely a must stop. It's right around the corner from Great Lakes Brewery. When Mrs. Jass and I go to the West Side Market, we'll skip Great Lakes and go directly to the Bier Market.

Website

Enjoy your stay:mug:

Yea, thats it! They did a great Belgian beer tasting for my BJCP class earlier this year.

Just so my location isn't confusing, I lived in Cleveland for the past year, and just moved back down south in March.

I'm going there this sunday and next sunday as well. Stupid GLB isnt open on sundays...

GO BROWNS

Well, I'm here in Cleveland now and have been for a few days.

Checked into Dewey's Pizza on Lee Rd. on the first night. Not a huge tap line up but good solid craft beer offerings: Stone, Bell's, Great Lakes...

Made a stop at the Whole Foods to pick up some single bottles. I'm always blown away by the selection there, it beats anything that we have on offer in Ontario. That is by far more of a comment on the LCBO than on Whole Foods. For us coming from Ontario that Whole Foods has more stuff that we will never see in the LCBO.

Yesterday for lunch my friend and I went to Melt on Cedar Rd. and enjoyed a fabulous grilled cheese sandwich. I had neither the time nor the liver to enjoy their tap list but it was outstanding! Definitely will have to go back and if any locals have not checked it out it's definitely worth the trip.

Today, no time for enjoying any pints but still open for suggestions. I have a car now so things a bit further afield are a possibility.

Thanks for reading!

Back