Juicy Juice, Welches - Sparkling Wines

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pilotandy

Reaction score
I'm moving in March, and wanted to get one last batch going before I pack everything up.

So I started 5 different juices in 1 gallon batches. I'm hoping to get 3x750ml and 3x12oz bottles of each. The plan is to crack one of the 12oz at 6, 9, and 12mo to see how they turned out ;)

Juicy Juice Cherry
1.25lb Dextrose
Montrachet
OG - 1.100

Juicy Juice Berry
1.25lb Dextrose
Montrachet
OG - 1.094

Juicy Juice Grape
1.25lb Dextrose
Montrachet
OG - 1.100

Welch's White Grape Cherry
1.25lb Dextrose
Montrachet
OG - 1.100

Welch's Grape (from concentrate)
1.25lb Dextrose
Montrachet
OG - 1.094

I started them all on 1/22/2012, and will bottle them sometime mid-March.

Any predictions?

I can't speak for the welches white grape cherry but the wine I make from the Welches White Grape Peach gets plenty of favorable reviews from my female friends

from Jack keller site.

WELCH'S WHITE GRAPE AND PEACH WINE

2 cans (11.5 oz) Welch's White Grape and Peach frozen concentrate
1-1/4 lbs granulated sugar
2 tsp acid blend
1 tsp pectic enzyme
1 tsp yeast nutrient
water to make 1 gallon
Sauterne wine yeast

Bring 1 quart water to boil and dissolve the sugar in the water. Remove from heat and add frozen concentrate. Add additional water to make one gallon total and pour into primary. Add remaining ingredients except yeast. Cover primary and set aside 12 hours. Add activated wine yeast and recover. When active fermentation slows down (about 5-7 days), transfer to secondary and fit airlock. When clear, rack, top up and refit airlock. Wait 30 days and rack, top up and refit airlock. After additional 30 days, stabilize, sweeten if desired and rack into bottles. [Author's own recipe]

Notes I use the juice bottles not concentrate.
Adjust to 6 gal.
Adjust sugar to 1.080
I also use Cotes De Blancs yeast

You can use walmart, or sams juice as well
It is also good with Welches White Grape Peach Mango Essentials juice.

I also backsweeten to taste with a 1/2 gal same juice boiled to reduce volume by half

I'd say 2-5 months after bottling... you can always try one as they age... plus your batches are easy to replicate down the road, if you want more!

Thank you!
One more question, how long to drinkable?

That depends on how you finish the wine and how air tight the bottles are... if you really like how a wine tastes you can use one of those nomacorc corks or other synthetic type:

http://www.nomacorc.com/

they provide a great seal and claim that you can store them upright casue they won't dry out

OR....

You could bottle it like you do beer, with caps and a capper... on a beer bottle of course.

That depends on how you finish the wine and how air tight the bottles are... if you really like how a wine tastes you can use one of those nomacorc corks or other synthetic type:

http://www.nomacorc.com/

they provide a great seal and claim that you can store them upright casue they won't dry out

OR....

You could bottle it like you do beer, with caps and a capper... on a beer bottle of course.

Sorry, I was thinking your question was how long they would be drinkable!

Thank you!
One more question, how long to drinkable?

that's an interesting question that you are bound to get an answer that is many months long. i am not yet convinced that putting something in a glass or plastic bottle closed to the air has any benefit whatsoever for me. I don't have the palate to pick up on subtly so the question really turns back on you, i would say. when you pop open commercial wine, can you smell/taste/discern the components or not? If you can't, like me, then I would say you've got a drinkable product much sooner than others on this board claim. If you have the requisite sensitivity, 6months to a year seems to be a good number round these parts.

It will not improve much beyond 6 months. I generally let it rest for at least a month due to pressurizing the bottle when installing a cork. It is pretty decent young. I have some that is a year old. But it generally doesn't last that long. I think I made 60 bottles last year. I am gettnig ready to make my first batch for this year in the next few weeks

Back