Who got some hopslam?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jtd6628

Reaction score
I have never had one I hope it is worth the fuss!

image-664166629.jpg

My favorite beer of all time.

Haven't heard if it's out yet in MN, hopefully soon! I'll be buying a couple sixers for sure!

I went yesterday to pick some up, haven't showed up yet, I have twelve on reserve, can't wait!

Haven't seen it yet, but I hope it's coming soon!

Got 2 ounces of Cascade dry hopping in a IIPA with Simcoe and Amarillo in the boil. Not exactly the same, but I hope it's at least a bit similar.

My kitten was curious when I gave it a smell and then it tried a lick, and did a backflip off the arm of the chair! Now they take a whiff and take off!

Just called Crown, they said they got a shipment today. I know where I'm stopping on the way home from work!

Whole Foods here had a ton yesterday. I was more concerned with grabbing a 120 Minute since that seems to be harder to get, but I guess I'll have to go back and get some...

My wife is finally tired of Coors (her go-to beer), and she's ready to learn what other beers/styles she likes, so even though she doesn't like IPAs, she still tries them in the name of research. What a great woman! :rockin:

I live in kalamazoo, lol so I guess for me its not such a huge deal ;)

Went to a local establishment last week and drank some fresh from a furkin... pretty tasty

I learned about it last year but missed the release. I stalked my local kick-a** party store until they got some :D, bought 12. Stared at them in the fridge for 2 days to build up my anticipation. Cracked one last night. Damn. To day its good beer is the understatement of the year. Im not a huge hop head but this beer has enough flavor for almost any pallet. So what is the secret to keeping some around till summer!

Good luck keeping it around for a week let alone until summer. It actually would be a disservice to do that as the hops would fade. Kind of like on a bottle of Pliny where they specifically direct you to not save it. I saved one for two months and there was a significant loss of hop flavor and aroma, not nearly as good.

Good luck keeping it around for a week let alone until summer. It actually would be a disservice to do that as the hops would fade. Kind of like on a bottle of Pliny where they specifically direct you to not save it. I saved one for two months and there was a significant loss of hop flavor and aroma, not nearly as good.

Yeah I thought that might be true of this style of beer. I am still learning all the in's-and-out's of craft and HB's. Guess thats a built in excuse to get a little fuzzy on Hopslam this weekend!! :drunk:

I hope i get some this time around,got some last year and loved it.How much are you guys paying for it, i think i had to pay $16 last year.

I just picked up a 6 pack here in Lansing. I can't wait to get out of work to try one. It was 16.99 at Horrocks

jonmohno said:
I hope i get some this time around,got some last year and loved it.How much are you guys paying for it, i think i had to pay $16 last year.

The first place I went who was sold out in one hour from 10am-11am it was $17 so I got there @ 1 pm so I went to the next store who said they were starting a line for it @ 5 pm so I said screw that and went to one last place where I bought a 6 pack for $21.63 including tax! That is way too much I think worth the fuss but not the price.

ao125 said:
Hopslam isn't bad, but I'd much rather drink Weyerbacher's Double Simcoe IPA.

Really? I've never had the double simcoe, I always walk past it at the store for some reason. Something about the packaging maybe turns me off because I am a weyerbacher fan otherwise. Ill have to give it a shot. I don't think hopslam is worth 16 bucks.

I head to my local Kroger (supermarket) in the more.... shady'er.... part of town. For some reason they stock it, and I seem to be the only one that buys it, PLUS, it's only 14.99

The town I live/work in (Ann Arbor, MI) is the more "cultured" area, and close by, but always out of HopSlam or charging 18.00 a 6 pack.

Plus, I went to a HopSlam unveiling at a local bar (Ashley's - Ann Arbor) and a bell's rep by the name of David was there. I made a little hopslam promo necklace thing that I wore to the event (see my profile pic) and got a FREE HopSlam out of it.

Win win

....And now I have a hopslam clone in the primary

The day it was released in Chicago, there was a huge snowstorm and no one showed up to the releases (except the really hardcore beer geeks), so the store I went to let us buy as much as we wanted. I limited myself to a case, which I think was $70.

Got a pint on draft last night. Wow!! It had a malty sweetness that I never have tasted in an overly hoppy beer. What a treat.

Back