B3 Oktoberfest PM kit?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sd_tom

Reaction score
Anyone tried this? I just got my sanyo 4912 and a temp controller, so thought I'd try out my first lager, and since I was at morebeer anyway i got lazy and added the mini mash oktoberfest kit to the cart.. this is my first kit from them. Plan on going to the LHBS for WLP833 since seems like from jamil show and threads here people don't tend to like the actual oktoberfest yeat.

Anyone done this partial mash kit? Haven't seen this one mention, but some rave reviews of the AHBS one. But figured i'd give it a shot so wouldn't have worry about the recipe so much this go round and concentrate on the process change involved in Lagers (finally thinking i've got the partial mashing setup integrated into my process). But, it'd give me warm fuzzies that someone has done this one and it tastes ok should I not totally mess this up. Will post how it turned out for ref later if people are interested.. of course, my understanding of what's before me, this won't be ready till mid october anyway.

BTW, I noticed more beer mentions their mini mash kits are between 2 and 6 lbs of grain to mash.. this seems like a pretty big swing, and my setup is for 4lbs of grain.. so hoping I don't end up with too much grain.

Latest posts

Back