shipping and high temps

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mnadamn

Reaction score
Hry guys, I was wonding if I could get some input on shipping overseas. My uncle is in the army currently in Iraq for the 3rd time. Since he left my roomates and I have gotten into brewing which is something he has always been intrested in and hasnt been able to justify starting. He has asked if it is possible to send him some of what we have made but I don't know if it would be possible to ship homebrew that far and to temps that hit over 100 on a daily basis. I would love to send him some but I also dont want bottles to explode in shipment or the heat to spoil the beer. What do you guys think of this? any suggestions?

I hate being the bearer of bad news, but here goes:

First off, it's against the law to ship alcohol through the APO system.

Second, it's against General Order #1...among other things, it is illegal to make, purchase or consume alcohol while deployed. It is punishable by Article 15 (non-judiciary punishment that usually results in loss of rank and income).

Third, it's against the law to have alcohol in a Muslim country. (Turkey is 97% Muslim, but they call alcohol "medicine"...;) )

ahhh... thats too bad, thanks for the info though< i guess I will just have to store some for him while while he is away and give him a sample from each batch

Back