Munton's standard yeast-floc.??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pete08

Reaction score
I brewed a crystal heavy, low hopped beer as a base for a very blackberry ale. I used Notty, but the #$@% stuff didn't light off. The only close, less than 30 miles, option was a lhbs that only carries Munton's and Cooper's. I bought 2 5g packets of Munton's and dumped them in. The yeasties went to work, but active fermentation has been over for a week or so and the yeast is very much in suspension, temp is 58-60. It seems the quality yeasts do much better even this soon at that temp. I always ferment near 60 with Notty or Safale. BTW, I tried warming the wort up to help the naughty Notty, but still no go.

Should I be concerned about the lack of flocculation at this point? I don't think it will matter since I will be racking it onto 8, yes 8 lbs of blackberries tomorrow or the day after.

I wouldn't worry. The blackberries will have so many particulates that you'll never notice.

Back