• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Complete Top Tier Keggle System

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cscade

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Today was my last brew day on my Top Tier system! I'm transitioning to an electric system in my basement, so it's time to part ways with the gas system.

Please thoroughly read the description before making an offer, some of the photos contain items that are not included. I've made a very detailed list of what is included below. I will not ship the system unless you arrange for freight, in which case I'll load it on a truck but I can't palletize it. Local pickup will be easiest for everyone, as this will all easily fit in a pickup truck ;).

Please note that I will not part the system out unless I have solid offers for the whole system to sell at once.

I'm asking $1,400 for the whole system.

Photos:
http://dux.im/toptier

Items Included:
  • All tri-clover everything
  • HLT Keggle w/ 1/2" MPT welded fitting & weldless sight glass
  • Mash Keggle w/ bottom drain welded 1/2" MPT & 1/2" welded FPT with large dial thermometer w/ 8" probe, insulated with reflective insulation
  • Boil Keggle w/ 1/2" MPT welded fitting & welded sight glass & 1/2" welded FPT
  • Top Tier stand
  • 2x Top Tier burners, hard piped to propane regulator
  • 1x Top Tier Burner modified to be a stand for bottom drain mash keggle (no heat, but I have all the auxiliary parts and designed the gas header for another hook-up for a burner in this location, should you decide you need one. The mash holds temp with less than 1f loss over a 90 minute mash though, in a 50f garage. The heat is not needed.)
  • Therminator bracket (bracket only, therminator not included)
  • March Pump Bracket
  • March 809 Pump, hard wired and switched, poly head
  • 2x Blichmann natural gas conversion kits, unused (system is currently propane)
  • Custom stainless folding mash screen with parallel groove design (has never stuck, extremely effective)
  • Blichmann Autosparge, mounted in Mash Keggle
  • Brass 1/2" full port ball valves
  • Stainless tri-clover 1-1/2" butterfly valve, pull-lock type
  • 2x Blichmann Brewmometers, 1 in BK, 1 in HLT
  • 2x 1" tri-clover 90 elbow
  • 8x tri-clover clamps
  • Twist-lock extension cord with GFCI inline breaker
  • 5x tri-clover X 1/2" FPT
  • 5x tri-clover X 1/2" barb
  • 1x Blichmann quickconnector X 1/2" barb
  • 1/2" Hoses

This system is all set up, configured, ready to run, and in excellent condition. Everything is clean and ready to rock! Bring your own method of chilling and you're good to go.

Please ask any questions at all! :fro:

Man that chopped up burner breaks my heart!

:D

I'm interested in the natural has conversion kits if you decide to part it out.

Markd27 said:
Man that chopped up burner breaks my heart!

:D

I did my research before I cut it up ... The burner element itself is a readily available inexpensive part. It's all the framework that blichmann is really charging for. I needed the cast part to brace the surround. Otherwise it's not strong enough to support a full keg. It was a good sacrifice ;)

I'll bite. I can offer $1000, and I can pick up.... Great system. How many times has it been used??

The Top Tier component is 1 year old, I have only run about 60 gallons across it. The keggles are 2 years older, but were reconditioned last year. They have seen more like 250 gallons. I cleaned up the welds on the bottom dump mash, polished the kegs, and insulated the mash keggle at that time. It's all in excellent condition. Most of the components are 1-1.5 years old.

I'll PM you about offers!

Back